Supported Accommodation Support Worker
|Job Title:||Supported Accommodation Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.60 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Supported Accommodation Support Worker to provide services to our client based in Ashford
Our client provides support and accommodation to vulnerable homeless adults aged 18 and over. The service users have complex support needs, e.g., mental health, substance misuse, trauma, who are rough sleeping, homeless, at risk of homelessness or impacted by homelessness.
To summarise the Supported Accommodation Support Worker will be working with service users to agree and set goals and actions, through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions. This will include signposting individuals to support for their mental health and or drug and alcohol addiction. The emphasis will be on using coaching methods to empower clients on their resettlement journey.
You will be required to work at least 5 days a week including some weekends. The shift patterns are 7am - 3pm and 2pm - 10pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits. Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working. Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs using a strengths-based approach. Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation, and communication.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary staff team and meeting the requirements of a rota system, ensuring support is available across all schemes in the cluster.
- Actively involved in team meetings and attend regular supervisions.
- Working with colleagues to ensure key performance indicators (e.g. voids and arrears) are being met.
- Working in line with other key agencies, both in statutory and voluntary sectors.
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups in particular homelessness/mental health/addiction
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- An understanding of Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE’s); Trauma-informed Care (TIC) & A strength-based approach to supporting vulnerable people would be desirable
- Enhanced DBS check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Bal Sunner, the specialist consultant managing this position
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 988 6307