Supported Housing Support Worker
|Job Title:||Supported Housing Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.70 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Supported Housing Support Worker for our client based in Aldershot.
The client operates a supported housing service to single veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who have support needs. Many of the service users are ex-servicemen and women who understand the unique needs prevalent to veterans. It’s a friendly, understanding, stable base that helps transform lives.
The service provides housing support to people with complex needs to give them the skills needed to move towards living independently.
The Support Worker will be responsible in providing 1-2-1 support, complete reviews of risk assessment and support plans.
The post holder will be required to work approx. 37.5 hours per week. This will be a 6 week rolling rota that includes some weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience in writing risk assessments and support plans
- Knowledge of the benefit system and resettlement options for the clients customer group.
- Experience of housing management and/or social care environment.
- Ability to resolve the conflict, complaint and being proactive.
- Computer skills upper intermediate is necessary. Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft word are essential
- The role will need more than admin skills as role holder will have daily contact with residents that have complex needs
- Good communications skills are highly required as the role will also involve working as a part of bigger team as well as external agencies.
- DBS Check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Supported Accommodation Assistant
Salary: £11.00 - 13.85 per hour
Supported Accommodation Assistant - NIGHTS
Salary: £11.00 - 13.85 per hour
Salary: £11.00 - 14.70 per hour
Accommodation Support Workers - Homelessness
Salary: £12 - 17 per hour
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Bal Sunner, the specialist consultant managing this position
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 988 6307