Supported Living Support Worker
|Job Title:||Supported Living Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 14.20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Supported Living Support Worker to provide a supported housing service in Aylesbury for people affected by homelessness.
All service users may have complex needs that may include; mental health, substance abuse, physical health, leaving care and/or homelessness.
The service is accommodation based and tenants are referred to tenancy sustainment service funded by the local county Council for further support.
The staff are on site 24 hours 7 days a week, offering 1-1 support sessions and group support sessions.
The Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients supported housing schemes and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team committed to “best practice” in the social housing field working proactively with clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- An understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence to make and act on decisions.
- Competent administrative and IT skills (to be able to produce reports and other communications).
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's