Independent Reviewing Officer
|Job Title:||Independent Reviewing Officer|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Independent Reviewing Officer. You will be working in Bournemouth for the council.
Monday - Friday
Pay rate negotiable
To maintain robust systems for the planning and review of children subject to child protection plans and children in care by:
▪ Chairing both child protection conferences and planning meetings
▪ Chairing statutory child in care reviews
▪ Chairing reviews of foster carer’s approval
▪ Contributing to the quality assurance framework
▪ Being a champion for children
▪ Participating as a member of the Safeguarding Team
- To chair child protection conferences in line with Pan-Dorset Interagency Procedures and Poole Child Protection Procedures and to facilitate planning meetings as appropriate.
- To offer advice on child protection matters to staff within Children Services and to other agencies working with children.
- To participate, as required, on any of the working groups of the Bournemouth and Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board
- To be responsible for foster carer reviews as an independent reviewing officer, reviewing, monitoring and enabling effective care arrangements provided for children in care.
- To monitor the quality of work with foster carers with particular reference to planning, matching supervision and training and feedback to staff and managers via the appropriate forums
- To offer advice on children in care matters and fostering service matters to staff across Children’s Services.
- To chair statutory child care reviews or reviews of foster carers as an independent reviewing officer, reviewing, monitoring and enabling effective plans to be in place and progressed for children in care and/or foster carer development.
- To work in line with Poole Children in Care Policy and the National Independent Reviewing Officer Handbook.
- To monitor the quality of work with children in care with particular reference to planning, quality of work and feedback to staff and managers via the appropriate forums.
- To offer advice on children in care matters to staff across Children’s Services and to other agencies working with children.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available