Team Manager | CIN/LAC/MASH Children’s Services Team | Wandsworth Council
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Team Manager to work within a CIN/LAC & MASH team based within Wandsworth Council. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 6+ years recent managerial experience of working within the Children’s Services Specialised team.
Team Manager: Responsible for a team of social workers and an Assistant Team Manager. A team usually comprises of between 6- 8 social workers. Directly responsible for the supervision of the Assistant Team Manager and for a number of social workers within the team. Responsible for management oversight of the supervision provided by the Assistant Team Manager to social workers within the team (3-4 Social Workers).
There are 6 key elements to the role of a Team Manager in Wandsworth Children’s Services. These are:
- Effective team management
- Delivery of high quality, reflective supervision
- Effective management oversight
- Quality assurance
- Performance Management
- Effective management and delivery of change
The successful Team Manager will be required:
- To manage a team of staff, including recruitment/retention, induction, training and development, performance management, disciplinary/capability, and succession planning.
- To manage the allocation of workload across the team to agreed service priorities; actively monitor, review, and authorise case records and plans; addressing any workload management, performance, and/or quality issues as they arise.
- To chair reviews, planning meetings, strategy discussions and other professional/ network meetings.
- To lead the investigation and response to complaints from service users/relatives/ carers.
- Where required to control, as purchaser, the budget allocated to the team ensuring that financial resources are deployed to maximum effect within Council policy and Departmental procedures & guidelines and ensuring that the budgets are not overspent. Where appropriate through the Team Administrator provide team members and appropriate managers with regular and up-to-date information on the state of the budget. Where appropriate to take responsibility for authorisation of expenditure at delegated level;
- To develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships and professional networks; ensure a positive working relationship within the team, promoting strategies for collaboration and a supportive team culture.
To apply for this the Team Manager must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Advanced qualification in social work, I,e higher specialist award in working with children and families or equivalent, or evidence of having met the capabilities at advanced level
- Management knowledge and experience in a relevant children/families’ social work field
Benefits & Rewards:
- £2000 Welcome Payment (Half on Appointment, Half after 6 months service)
- £3000 Retention Payment (After 2 years’ service)
- Performance related pay scheme – Max of 2.5% per year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- HCPC Registration paid for
- Car Allowances, Childcare Vouchers, Shopping & Travel Discounts, 30% tax off Tech Products
- 31 days Annual Leave (+ Bank Holidays)
- Final Salary Pension
Outer London Rate is from £40,410 to £47,541per year
Inner London Rate is from £41,820 to £49,200 per year
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact us on 0808 178 4445.