Team Manager - Family Safeguarding Team
|Job Title:||Team Manager - Family Safeguarding Team|
|Salary:||£40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Team Manager - Family Safeguarding Team to work with one of our clients based in Huntingdon. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rate - £40ph
- Enable children and young people to remain safely within their home and /or community environment, wherever possible, including appropriate provisions identified by the LA, and ensure they achieve good outcomes through effective social work intervention. Where this is not possible to ensure that the children and young people are safeguarded via statutory routes including Care Proceedings and alternative permanent care
- Manage the day to day operations of the team providing a social work service of assessment, care planning, child protection and key working within the scope of the Children Act 1989 and related legislation. Contributes to borough wide services with professional knowledge of an area of specialism on an operational and strategic basis as required. Provide specialist intervention services in line with statutory provision of social work service. Make high-risk decisions concerning the safeguarding of children to establish the appropriate assessment required and level of need for support/services for children and young people
- Take responsibility for their own development and that of the overall team providing specific coaching guidance and mentoring of the deputy Team manager to and keep up to date with new and relevant legislation, research and guidance, peer and user feedback.- Accountable for the provisions within the Neighbourhood Teams in aspects of management e.g. auditing, case files, tracking progress on health issues for service users e.g. Looked After Children, disabled children as well as gate keeping court reports, CPRs and Child Protection reports and act as designated complaints officer when required.
- Recruit, motivate, train and develop staff within Council procedures. Undertake development activities required for own development and experience e.g. court work, child protection, adoption and fostering, with the aim of increasing their professional knowledge and experience. And keep up to date with legislation, government initiatives, social work theory and best practice to ensure an effective workforce that can meet service objectives and the Every Child Matters Agenda
- Manage projects in specialised and complex areas in line with departmental strategic objectives. Contribute to strategic objectives and input on the production of departmental service and team plans, policies and procedures under the guidance of the Service Manager. This includes supporting the Service Manager for quality assurance in developing and implementing the quality assurance strategy
- Ensure the delivery of an effective service to local people by maintaining high standards of professional practice and adopting a positive approach to the full involvement of service users and carers in assessment and care planning processes, at all times encouraging independence and choice. To be aware of and act within the legal framework and statutory guidance that affects the service area including ensuring report writing and case recording is maintained at a high level in order to ensure quality service provision. Ensure the work of the team and performance are monitored according to Key Performance Indicators and Council priorities
- Maintain effective links and working relationships within the Department and with relevant statutory, voluntary and private agencies. Work in partnership with these agencies in order to provide a co-ordinated quality service to individual service users making the most effective use of local resources. This will include engaging with borough wide forums and key stakeholders, including elected members, on operational issues as required.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available