Technical Officer - Applications - Bristol
|Job Title:||Technical Officer - Applications - Bristol|
|Salary:||£12.95 - 12.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Technical Officer – Applications – Bristol (Temp Contract)
Full-Time (37 hours)
The primary purpose of this post is to provide a comprehensive, effective, professional, high quality and customer-focused ICT applications management and support service in accordance with the corporate objectives and values of the Council. The successful delivery of this service will enable Strategic Directors, Divisional Directors, Heads of Service and Partners to achieve improved service delivery, performance and productivity and contribute to the Council’s vision for the area and the organisation.
A Technical Officer will typically have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in supporting applications in a complex enterprise IT services environment with a good understanding of their areas of responsibility and how technology supports high quality service delivery. The focus of this role is on the effective delivery of routine and more complex tasks along with learning and development of skills and knowledge. This post requires team working across the IT Service.
- Responsible for the day to day running of IT applications, ensuring that management, security and access is maintained in line with Service and Council’s policies, processes and procedures;
- Monitor and review application performance in accordance with agreed SLAs, undertake housekeeping and maintenance routines, preventing the loss or corruption of data; Provide first line support and problem resolution, liaising with other ICT teams and external suppliers’ support desks to escalate issues as required, monitoring responses and taking any necessary subsequent action;
- Manage data transfers to and from central government, ensuring access for trained and authorised staff only (in compliance with for example, the Council’s Public Service Network requirements),and liaising with the Operations Manager: Applications to report/address any security concerns;
- With the Operations Manager: Applications and the Application Leads, support upgrades, fixes and new releases of software, liaising with software suppliers and Council ICT teams as necessary. Maintain records and agree work schedules associated with the Service’s ICT hardware to minimise service disruption;
- With the Operations Manager: Applications and the ICT Service, contribute to feasibility reports, business cases and evaluation of systems or new developments. Proactively work to identify opportunities for optimisation of electronic processes, including improvements to functionality, accessibility and integrations with other relevant systems used across the Authority;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Council services, software suppliers and IT Services reviewing application operation and functionality that development opportunities are identified and best practice is adopted by users.
- Develop and produce reports, data extracts and any other management or service information as required, using a variety of tools and methods. Support the Operations Manager: Applications in ensuring any data requested is produced in a timely manner (for example that associated with customer complaints or FOI requests).
- Support the monitoring of data held in systems, including for accuracy, relevance, consistency and completeness. Produce data quality reports to support data cleansing, de-duplication and data matching on a regular basis to ensure the service’s data is of the highest quality.
- Provide expertise, guidance and advice specific to staff or partner organisations on the most effective use of systems including any relevant policies and procedures.
- With the Operations Manager: Applications, develop, document, regularly review and revise application procedures, protocols and manuals for existing functionality and new developments.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available