Technical Officer - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Technical Officer - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Technical Officer – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To act as a member of a team being responsible to a Team Manager for the provision of Environmental Health Services in a section of the Directorate.
- To provide technical support in a specialist area of Environmental Health, developing excellent knowledge of the detail and implementation of the Council’s work in the area the post is assigned to.
- To be aware of the full ranges of pertinent statutory actions, available to this function, and maintain a broad and detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and associated technical information.
- To provide a practical and professional, customer focused response to issues referred to the team for action.
- To carry out surveys and inspections, preparing detailed reports, schedules, estimates and detailed drawings in connection therewith to an advanced level.
- To advise owners, architects, surveyors, builders, Council Officers, tenants etc., on matters associated with his/her work.
- To represent the Department/Council at panels, working parties and public meetings, to assist in the preparation of cases, including witness statements, and to represent the council, including giving evidence, in legal proceedings or other formal processes such as and public enquiries.
- To scrutinise, comment on and process applications, estimates and plans submitted in connection with statutory and service requirements, including ensuring that any appropriate fee is paid and all related documentation is prepared.
- To inspect dwellings in connection with works in progress acting as supervising officer in connection with works in default, agreeing final accounts and ensuring specifications are complied with.
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation, statutory guidance, technical information, and policies and to undertake CPD (where required) to maintain competence, including completion of training courses as required.
- To compile and keep records, returns and statistical data as required, e.g. files, schedules, diaries, monitoring sheets etc.
- To deal with and act sympathetically with the public ensuring due customer care.
- To assist, develop, and deliver training programmes for staff including lecturing as required.
- To advise other departments on matters relating to environmental health legislation and requirements.
- To supervise projects as required and participate as a member of a team on special projects, e.g. area surveys and other programmed work.
- To input data to computerised systems and to interrogate and update the system where necessary.
- To work outside normal office hours as necessary. This will include early morning warranted raids and evening visits.
- To undertake, from time to time, additional or other duties which are within the skills and competence of the post holder and appropriate to the post holder’s grade and responsibilities.
- In discharging the duties of the post to have due regard to the provision of the Health and Safety at Work regulations, the Council’s Customer Care and Equal Opportunities and other policies.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Tenancy Enforcement Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £18 per hour
Hillingdon - Technical support officer
Salary: £14 per hour
Human Resources Manager - Greenwich
Salary: £30 per hour
Income Officer - Lambeth
Salary: £18 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Islington
Salary: £21 per hour