Technical Support Officer - Rotherham
|Job Title:||Technical Support Officer - Rotherham|
|Salary:||£15.20 - 15.20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Technical Support Officer – Rotherham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £15.20ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post holder will work as part of a multi-skilled Highway and Transportation Projects Team within the Regeneration & Environment Directorate and provide technical assistance to professional transport planning and civil engineering services engaged in the design and delivery of Highway and Transportation construction schemes of varying sizes from small scale works to multi million pound construction projects, as well as day to day management of public transport programmes and highway network management issues.
- Investigate reports for service and initiate appropriate action, including preparation of all necessary files, correspondence, reports
- Respond to and resolve customer enquiries, service requests and complaints. Providing suitably wording responses in accordance with expected service standards and procedures
- Support service-related public consultations relating to programmed works compiling and interpreting responses and contributing to analysis reports as needed
- Assist with procurement, street permits/notices, complaint handling and planning enquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, drawings, contract documents, bills of quantities and schedules of work as required
- Collect, maintain and utilise technical data, including the use of computer based systems
- Liaise with departments/sections, agents and other outside bodies to assist in co-ordinating their activities
- Assist with business process re-engineering, process mapping and application of change management techniques
- Prepare design work involving established procedures and the use of engineering standards and codes of practice
- Assist with the planning of projects and programmes, producing appropriate material to help keep track of progress and identify the need for remedial action at the earliest opportunity
- Provide help and assistance to staff in the use of IT, HR, Finance and related corporate systems and procedures.
- Assist in the development of new systems and procedures and set up and produce non-standard letters/templates/spreadsheets/documentation, update and maintain databases and produce management information
- Ensure that the section complies with administrative procedures relating to Council Policies, Standing Orders, and Financial Regulations by providing advice and/or administrative support
- Monitor and maintain financial budgets to meet time and cost targets, reporting variances as required.
- Supervise and allocate work to a small group or team
- Assist with carrying out research and benchmarking
- Assist in coordinating the activities of other parties and stakeholders.
- Assist other members of the Highway and Transportation Projects Team as required.
- Work to standard procedures and operational practices, such as customer care
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
HR support Officer - Oxfordshire
Salary: £12.60 - 12.60 per hour
Customer Employment Support Officer - Woolwich
Salary: £14.84 - 14.84 per hour
Service Development and Support Officer - Barnsley
Salary: £16 per hour
Pay & Reward - Project Support Officer - Swindon
Salary: £18.41 - 18.41 per hour
Licensing support officer -Bath and North East Somerset Council
Salary: £11.27 - 11.27 per hour