Theatre and Events Programmer - Bolton
|Job Title:||Theatre and Events Programmer - Bolton|
|Salary:||£14.37 - 14.37 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Theatre and Events Programmer – Bolton (Temp)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.37ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To plan, organise and deliver a programme of entertainment in the Albert Halls Theatre. Support the AH Complex Manager in the management of room hires and events/functions.
- The development and setting of the Albert Hall Theatre programme to ensure a balanced and cost-effective programme of entertainment for the people of Bolton. This includes managing the arrangements for the annual Christmas pantomime.
- Responsible for liaising and negotiating with artists and agents on behalf of the Council to deliver the best value for money entertainments programme possible.
- Responsible for liaising and negotiating with groups, organisations and customers on behalf of the Council to deliver the best value for money and high standards of service possible.
- Programming events/shows which reflect Bolton Council’s priorities and encourage participation and appreciation of the arts.
- Responsible for issuing contracts and other formal documentation on behalf of the Council relating to theatre and room hire arrangements.
- Responsible for negotiating and commissioning all creative and marketing activity for the Albert Halls to maximise the profile and income in all operational areas.
- Monitoring ticket sales, in order to take immediate action if a show or service is failing to reach its potential income target and maximum audience.
- Develop the box office and ticketing services to enhance the profile and image of the Albert Halls maximising agency sales and potential income.
- Organise and deliver corporate and private events for the Albert Halls and Victoria Square as and when required.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other venues, groups and organisations to raise the profile, programming and income potential of the Albert Halls.
- To assist and advise external groups and organisations with the marketing activities for their events/shows.
- Liaising with the operations team to ensure all customer requests and services are co-ordinated and delivered to the highest possible standard.
- To be accountable for the financial performance of the entertainments and ticket sales budget including both expenditure and generation of income.
- Responsible for ensuring all contracted event information is available and passed to the appropriate section for action.
- Responsible for liaising with other departments/organisations regarding services required by incoming artists or customers e.g. car parking, security or police.
- Liaising with external organisations to create and develop the Albert Halls web activity including web site and links with internet sales.
- To dev To develop, maintain and manage the effective use of the customer relations management for all venues.
- To monitor the customer experience when visiting all venues. To develop customer feedback systems to ensure all services are monitored.
- To have knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation involved in operating a public building including licencing, health and safety, public liability insurance.
- To work as an active member of the Albert Halls management team contributing to improving and enhancing the customer experience, contributing to the section, department and Council to maximise business opportunities.
- To respond to customer comments and complaints on behalf of the Council.
- To cover the Albert Halls Manager’s role in their absence during leave or sickness absence.
- Supervision of technical staff within the complex, acting as liaison between artists and the technical team, approving rostering arrangements provided by the senior technician for each show and event.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's