Traffic & Network Management Technician - Coventry
|Job Title:||Traffic & Network Management Technician - Coventry|
|Salary:||£11.96 - 11.96 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Traffic & Network Management Technician – Coventry (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £11.96ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Working across three specific Traffic and Network Management areas - Traffic & Road Safety, Network Co-ordination and Highway Development, to provide technical support and assistance with the day to day functions of the various teams, which cover: Public Rights of Way, Traffic Management, Road Safety, Urban Traffic Control, Street Lighting PFI, Network Co-ordination and Highway Development Management.
- You will be working closely with the respective team members, external consultants and contractors and will learn through association the duties and responsibilities of each area.
- To assist in processing and recording New Traffic Regulation Orders (permanent and temporary), along with maintaining accurate records of existing traffic regulation orders, including associated legal and technical requirements, updating the Council’s GIS map-based inventory of parking and moving traffic regulations as required.
- To assist in traffic sign design and traffic management functions in accordance with statutory regulations to minimise any unnecessary disruption to the free flow of traffic on Coventry City Council’s highway network including the movement of abnormal loads, roadworks and skip licensing.
- To assist with the investigation and recording of requests for traffic measures, including disabled parking bays, enquires raised by elected members and the general public to address parking and other traffic management problems, along with standard responses to CON29 search requests.
- To assist in the preparation of statutory planning application consultation responses to the Planning Authority on behalf of the Highway Authority.
- To assist with the technical approval and inspection of S278/S38 highway works in relation to new developments.
- To produce appropriate reports and documents as required
- Develop IT skills and become familiar with the software currently in use in the respective teams.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships within the City Council, neighbouring authorities, and with the public and private sectors as required.
- Attend, as appropriate, meetings and forums to provide information and advice on relevant Traffic and Transportation matters relating to the work of the different teams.
- To assist in the promotion of a customer focussed approach to service delivery through regular consultation and engagement with local communities, members, partners and stakeholders.
- To be committed to personal learning and development in order to keep up to date with new legislation, procedures, techniques and research, in order to promote continuous improvement.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available