Health and Social Care Tutor
|Job Title:||Health and Social Care Tutor|
|Salary:||£25.00 - 30.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Tutor
LOCATION: Southwark, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 36 hours a week, Monday to Friday
PAY RATE: PAYE £25 per hour & Umbrella £30.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Tutors for an Adult Learning Service based in Southwark, London.
The service requires sessional tutors to teach accredited courses in Childcare or Social Care, face to face and on-line.
Essential criteria will include: Experience in teaching Beginners, Level 1 or 2 Early years or Level 1 or 2 in preparing to work in schools or beginners, level 1 or 2 in Social care and experience in working in a community setting with Adults ( ideally for at least two years)
Further Essential criteria is listed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teaching duties, including initial assessment of students, identifying individual learning needs and referring to learning support as appropriate, and to give tutorials and learner induction.
- Planning for teaching and learning, including preparing course outlines and producing schemes of work and lesson plans; ensuring the course file is up-to-date; identify materials and equipment resource needed for teaching and learning; and production of appropriate learning materials as necessary.
- Ensuring there is a complete, accurate and up-to-date class register(s), including responsibility for withdrawing and transferring students in liaison with Curriculum Team Leader / Manager. Maintaining high levels of student retention, achievement and to support student progression. Monitoring of student attendance and punctuality and taking appropriate action as required.
- Ensuring that the progress and achievement of learners is recognised and recorded – including making sure that all students have appropriate individual learning plans; and the marking of students work. To provide progression, retention and achievement information to Curriculum Team Leader / Manager.
- To undertake, in consultation with the Curriculum Team Leader / Manager, work required for the accreditation of courses and for the effective organisation of examinations and assessments. To undertake the assessment and recording of learner outcomes including completion of exam entry forms.
- To comply with safeguarding requirements, including Health & Safety regulations and, in particular, be familiar with the procedure to be adopted in case of fire and risk assessment of learning activity in the learning environment.
- To observe and actively promote equal opportunities policies in the classroom, in the syllabus and learning materials and in all relationships with the service.
- To ensure the security of both the classroom and any equipment borrowed or used within the classroom.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of teaching adults in the FE and/or adult and community learning sectors with proven success.
- Experience of planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating teaching and learning, including devising schemes of work, lesson plans, individual learning plans, registration and enrolment, entering learners for exams.
- Experience of devising curriculum, learning materials and systems for the management of learning.
- Experience of marking, assessing and standardisation (experience of internal verification and moderation would be desirable).
- A teaching qualification
- A level 4 qualification in literacy or numeracy
- Familiarity with skills for life, functional skills English and Mathematics, and the core curriculum
- An ability to devise, teach and assess with creative, learner-centred, differentiated and activity-based strategies and resources. An ability to plan lessons and use a range of techniques appropriate to learners from diverse educational backgrounds, range of abilities and age groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with experience of working as part of a team, and ability to communicate effectively with learners to monitor their progress.
- Effective ICT, ILT and organisational skills.
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's