Unit Manager-Residential - Portsmouth
|Job Title:||Unit Manager-Residential - Portsmouth|
|Salary:||£21.54 - 26.82 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Ben Smith|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Unit Manager–Residential – Portsmouth
Are you a passionate, dedicated Manager looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Unit Manager to work in a residential home in and around the Portsmouth area.
Pay Rates: £21.54-£26.82 per hour
The Service is a care home for 10 beds initially (may rise to 20) these beds are being created to 'free up' beds at a local hospital.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for the overall operational management, ensuring that the service is delivered to a high quality standard in compliance with Council procedures, legislation and CQC standards. You will be responsible for the day to day management of a large staff team and have a strong commitment to the care and support of older people delivering high quality person centred care.
- Have strong people management skills and the ability to manage a large diverse staff team.
- Have an understanding of the ageing process with particular reference to dementia and be able to implement person centred care.
- Have experience in a management capacity and have at least an NVQ4 qualification or equivalent.
- Have a sound knowledge of current relevant legislation such as the mental Capacity Act 2005 & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Be able to manage the budget within allocated resources.
- Be able to implement practices which foster positive working relationships and productive networks with all stakeholders and local communities.
- Have good IT skills in Microsoft office.
- Be able to implement effective quality assurance and quality monitoring systems to measure success in meeting the aims, objectives and statement of purpose of the home.
- Be able to assist in managing the strategic direction and development of the service, consulting and working with others to produce proposals and plans as required.
- Have strategies for enabling staff, service users and other stakeholders to affect the way in which the service is delivered.
- Be able to manage in a way that supports Council’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Be responsible for all administrative matters relating to the home and maintain appropriate records as required.
- Have a management approach that encourages innovation, creativity and development.
- Must have at least 1 years managerial experience in a residential setting.
- Must have an NVQ Level 4
- Right to Live and Work in the UK
What we offer:
- We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews and Free Uniform if necessary.
- Flexible hours
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any Nurse friends or colleagues.
If you are a Unit Manager and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to Kasey Sanders. Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available