Unit Practice Leader | Children's Social Care/Safeguarding Team | Newham
Full-Time | Contract
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Unit Practice Leader to work within a Children's Social Care/Safeguarding Team based in Newham. The Successful Unit Practice Leader will be required to have a minimum of 5 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Children's Social Care/Safeguarding Team.
You will be required to lead a social work unit of team, delivering a high quality effective social work service that promotes the safety and well-being of children contributes to the development of resilient communities and supports positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
The successful Unit Practice Leaders responsibilities:
- The post holder reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for ensuring that their unit is working towards achieving the outcomes set out in current Service and Improvement Plans
- The post holder is responsible for a statutory social work service that has an impact on the overall performance of the council, public and individual service users.
- The post holder has line management responsibility for a social work unit of six social workers. This role entails the recruitment, induction and managing the on-going performance and development of unit staff in line with the national skills and knowledge framework for social workers.
- The post holder is responsible for the decision making on cases within their unit, up to their level of designated responsibility. This will include chairing multi-agency meetings and working closely with the Service Manager on cases where children cannot safely remain at home or in their current placement.
- The post holder has responsibility for a delegated unit budget for staffing and service users and for managing expenditure in line with their unit budget.
- As a member of the service management team, the post holder will provide cover for other Unit Practice Leaders.
- The post holder will have responsibility to work with other agencies on projects and service developments which promote an integrated approach and multi-disciplinary working.
- The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor and elected members, and external bodies.
To apply for this the Unit Practice Leader must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Salary is £38 - £42 per hour
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact David Burgess on 0208 514 9115.