Vehicle Technician - West Thurrock
|Job Title:||Vehicle Technician - West Thurrock|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Vehicle Technician – West Thurrock (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
To complete a comprehensive range of technical, technological and mechanical multi-skilled work including; diagnosing, inspecting, servicing and repair of vehicles, plant and specialist equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner, with due regard to; current legislation, Thurrock Council's maintenance policy, and relevant Health & Safety Policies.
- Carry out a comprehensive range of technical, technological and mechanical multi-skilled work including; diagnosing, inspecting, servicing and repair of vehicles, plant and specialist equipment. Multi-skill between electrical, electronic, mechanical and refurbishment work ensuring high standards are maintained and working within current Codes of Practice, economies of service and within performance measures and timescales.
- Inspect, repair and maintain vehicles to legal requirements and standards laid down by the Department of Transport (DfT), Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA) and Council’s requirements including those necessary to pass MOT tests and maintain the councils credibility regarding its Operator Licence.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports on the condition, failure and recommended corrective action to senior managers; both internal and external customers, the Council’s insurers or any authorised third party, i.e. police etc.
- Complete and certify that all work is carried out to the relevant legislative requirements and is of the highest standard. Skilled vehicle technicians are expected to sign off their own work and to complete all relevant legal and technical documentation as defined within the Corporate Transport Operational Policy and other relevant policies.
- Use a range of technology based equipment including diagnostic, testing/inspection, hand held devices, internet resources and specialist software in addition to updating the status of repairs on the Council’s fleet management system.
- Ensure that safe working practices are upheld in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, the Council’s Safety Policies and site instructions when working on customer premises. Always ensure that a safe working environment is maintained returning used equipment and that the work area is kept clean and tidy. 7. Identify the need and specify replacement parts through the relevant electronic, hard-copy catalogues and Council’s fleet management system. Calculate repair costs and where appropriate seek customer authorisation and order appropriate parts and verify against specification.
- Interpret and implement technical service instruction data and manufacturer’s modifications including understanding and interpreting complex and intricate wiring diagrams/technical drawings regarding electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. 4 9. Recommend developments or changes in working practices to optimise the economic and safe maintenance of vehicles, plant and equipment. Proactively make recommendations to senior management regarding future specification and design of fleet with regards to reducing maintenance costs and improving reliability.
- To maintain personal competences with regard to vehicle mechanics and fleet management, particularly in respect of technical and environmental developments and to attend any job training that is specific to the service in order to provide additional or maintaining existing skills.
- To undertake MOT inspections in line with VOSA requirements, ensuring that all documentation and procedures specified by VOSA are completed within agreed timescales and to a high standard.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available