Welfare Rights Officer
|Job Title:||Welfare Rights Officer|
|Salary:||£12 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Welfare Rights Officer to work with one of our clients based in Ashton Under Lyne
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Pay rates between £12-£14ph
To provide specialist welfare rights and tax credits advice, including casework and appeal representation to Tameside residents. This support will also include rough sleepers in the Borough through our Rough Sleeper Schemes.
- To provide confidential, specialist welfare benefits and tax credits advice to all Tameside residents including rough sleepers through multi-agency working to alleviate poverty and address homelessness
- To work with colleagues in our Rough Sleepers Schemes to provide benefits advice to address homelessness
- To provide appeal representation at First and Upper Tier Social Security appeal tribunals.
- Provide telephone advice through the Advice Line on welfare benefits and tax credits to include benefit checks and to establish grounds for appealing social security benefit decisions
- To maintain accurate case work records.
- Assist with claims for benefit
- Identify relevant charitable funds and assist in making the application.
- To assist clients in communicating with outside agencies and council departments.
- To refer non-benefit cases to appropriate agencies including referrals for mental health support or referrals into GP services.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available