Wellness Coach (Social and Healthcare Qualified)
|Job Title:||Wellness Coach (Social and Healthcare Qualified)|
|Salary:||£11.69 - 11.69 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
We are currently looking for a Wellness Coach (Social and Healthcare Qualified). You will be working in Weymouth for the council.
Monday - Friday
Pay rate - £11.69
- Wellness Staff play a pivotal role in our mission to help people live healthier lives. This position involves working as a member of a multi-professional team promoting and supporting people to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles, . Delivering telephonic Coaching, support using a range of evidence based behavior change techniques you will support clients to make long-term health behaviour change including weight management, physical activity, smoking and alcohol.
- Undertake assessments of individuals in relation to their readiness, capability, opportunities and motivation to change: Responding to referrals and utilising evidence based behaviour change techniques support the population to adopt healthier lifestyles
- Undertake assessments including (but not limited to) IPAQ, AUDIT-C, BMI, WEBWMS
- Support individuals to develop their knowledge about their own health and well-being
- Provide telephonic Coaching support to individuals about health and well-being (specifically weight management, physical activity, smoking and alcohol)
- Signpost individuals to other agencies / organisations for information, support and resources where appropriate
- To encourage and motivate people, using creative ways of addressing negative behaviours
- Enable clients to make choices and develop an 'action plan' using coaching techniques to identify SMART goals to change behaviour and sustain those changes, leading to more healthy choices and actions by interpreting local and national strategy.
- Support individual's 'action plan' over an agreed timescale and to review and revise 'action plans' with individuals as appropriate with appropriate level of follow-up.
- Alert line manager to any concerns raised by client in line with safeguarding policies
- Adhere to organisational processes, policies and procedures including clinical governance and confidentiality
- To be respectful and non-judgmental and encourage clients in choices and actions that are acceptable and achievable to them, while being aware of barriers to adopting a healthier lifestyle e.g. cultural considerations, affordability, accessibility and life circumstance
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org