|Job Title:||Wheelchair Therapist|
|Salary:||£25 - 35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harry Cavell|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Wheelchair Therapist . You will be working in Wakefield.
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
Pay rate up to £35ph via umbrella
- Work as part of the Wheelchair Services Team. The post will involve direct patient contact, in relation to the provision of a highly specialist intervention using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions. Within the team there is access to senior, assistant and technical support roles to ensure that client’s needs are met via a team approach.
- The post holder will be expected to hold a case load of standard and complex clients, children and adults. It will be necessary for the post holder to have a good operational knowledge of the service eligibility criteria and apply this consistently and equitably to all client groups
- To provide a high standard of clinical work as part of the service to patients with a variety of long and short term conditions.
- To prescribe manual and/or other associated equipment within the budgetary constraints issued by the Wheelchair Services as appropriate.
- Provide a specialist response in complex cases as an autonomous practitioner, evidencing high-level problem solving and reasoning skills and independence of judgement.
- To deliver clinical work within a variety of settings e.g. clinic, specialist schools, ward based, patient’s home, community settings and abide by rules and regulations pertinent to those settings.
- To administer the Government Voucher Scheme, decide which clients should benefit and to set the financial voucher values to give to the client.
- To use effective professional interpersonal skills when discussing interventions with patients and carers with different levels of comprehension.
- To give advice to wheelchair users, carers, professionals and seek information from manufacturers, in order to meet an individual client nee
- To participate in the development of clinical governance, evidence based practice, research and quality assurance standards.
- To carry out audits when requested by the Service manager or Specialist Wheelchair Services Therapists.
- To follow the Health Care and Professions Council, Code of Conduct and the appropriate Professional Standards of practice for your relevant profession.
- To be aware of and implement the Health & Safety at Work Act.
The post holder will be expected to have:
- A broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical conditions and their effects on and implications for mobility.
- A broad knowledge of tissue viability of pressure care intervention
- A good knowledge of biomechanics
- A broad knowledge of posture and positioning in the relevant pathologies and implications for seating
- A knowledge of medication and their effects on clinical presentation, and potential effects on functional abilities.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available