Youth Justice Practitioner - East London
|Job Title:||Youth Justice Practitioner - East London|
|Salary:||£20.48 - 26.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Youth Justice Practitioner – East London
Are you a passionate, dedicated Youth Justice Practitioner looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Youth Justice Practitioner to work in and around Hackney.
The Youth Justice Service is a multi-agency, multi-professional team with statutory responsibilities for young people who are at risk of, or have offended. The service is part of a broader Children and Family Service delivering assessments and interventions to children, young people and their families across the borough.
The service aims to prevent young people from becoming involved in crime, and for those who have already offended, reducing offending behaviours by working in partnership with a range of practitioners across Children and Family Services, police, other local authorities, probation, Youth Courts and mental health practitioners.
The role of a Youth Justice Practitioner: Full JD Available
- To ensure Youth Justice work in Hackney is of a high quality and is undertaken in accordance with national and best practice guidance for youth justice and with particular regard to ensuring effective systems are in place to manage risk and vulnerability.
- To undertake tasks and responsibilities within the team in line with Children and Family Services and national Youth Justice objectives
- To ensure that outcome focussed plans are in place and take accountability for your work within the Youth Justice Service
- To work as part of a team and contribute to the development and delivery of comprehensive, offence related programmes in line with current legislation and best practice guidance.
- To participate in professional development activities including appraisals and learning and training opportunities
- To maintain an up to date working knowledge of Youth Justice programmes and relevant legislation and statutory frameworks to contribute to the service meeting performance targets
- To support the Youth Justice Team Leader in ensuring that all requirements for bail assessments, reports to the court including pre-sentence reports, referral orders, breach processes and young people remanded to the community or custody are met.
- To work proactively to reduce the demand for custodial remands and ensure that all children with ‘Looked After’ status have reviews and plans in accordance with statutory guidance.
- To support representation, and when appropriate chair relevant panels including breach compliance and referral order panels
Pay rate is £20.48 -£26.00 per hour
- A sound working knowledge of relevant Youth Justice legislation, policy and guidance including National Standards for Youth Justice, Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000, Crime and Disorder Act 1988, Children Act 1989 & 2004, Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, and the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Experience in using a range of assessment tools including ASSET, ASSET PLUS or CAF.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets & deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Previous experience in similar role
- Self-motivated, flexible & resourceful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Kasey Sanders on 020 8514 9136
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available