Youth Offending Team Worker | Northamptonshire
We require a Youth Offending Team Worker to work within a Team based in Northampton. The Successful Youth Worker will be required to have a minimum of 1 years recent Support Work experience of working within a Youth Offending Team.
You will be experienced in undertaking complex assessments with children and young people, writing reports and designing/delivering.
The responsibilities of a Youth Offending Team Worker includes:
- You will understand that the ability to motivate children & young people, their parents & carers, and other workers are all critical to giving you the opportunity to put your knowledge and experience to good use
- Working in the community, you will see clients both in our offices and in various community venues, including their own homes
- You will also be expected to engage with young people whilst in custodial establishments. Whatever the environment, you will be skilled at building and sustaining professional relationships swiftly to maximise the impact of your work
- Reduce the incidence of harm to potential victims; repair existing harm where possible and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people with whom we work
- You must be able to identify and act upon risks, and do so swiftly when required
- You will be expected to offer a range of approaches to your work, which are responsive to the needs of the individuals
Requirements of a Youth Offending Team Worker:
- You will be experienced in undertaking complex assessments with children and young people, writing reports and designing/delivering interventions and, if you have experience of working in a Youth Offending Service
- You will be a confident and credible practitioner with children and young people, their parents/carers, victims of crime, professional colleagues and in formal environments such as the Youth and Crown Court
- An enhanced DBS that is of satisfactory level is essential
Salary is £25 per hour
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4RS is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on 0208 911 1091.