|Job Title:||Youth Worker|
|Salary:||£13.69 - 13.69 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Youth Worker to support our client based in Morden.
The post holder will be required to work as a member of the Student Support Team with responsibility for supporting learners predominately aged 16-18 years. This will include engaging learners in various areas whilst on campus in addition to supervising activities, delivering personal and social development sessions, and supporting the work of the Student Services Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Play a key role in engaging with students around the campus in both an informal and formal basis, to ensure that the students are attending lessons and that social spaces, corridors and other communal areas in the College are safe and welcoming and that students maintain reasonable standards of behaviour.
- Plan and supervise enjoyable enrichment sessions and other recreational activities, such as sport, art, drama etc., that are accessed predominately by 16-18 year-old learners to increase young people’s skills and confidence.
- Provide additional 1-2-1 support to a group of learners in terms of their attendance and punctuality, or with specific issues, such as within support groups or targeted projects. I.e. Children looked after, Young Carers or those with behavioural issues.
- Support young people to make positive changes in their lives and help them to develop, action plans in order for them to build resilience, develop new skills and achieve their learning potential
- Proactively promote, encourage and work with students around the “Learner Voice” to ensure students have a sense of investment in the life of the College through providing support for Course Representatives, the Student Council and the general student population to engage and participate with learner voice events and activities.
- Be part of the Colleges Safeguarding Team, to identify learners and vulnerable adults at risk of child protection and serious harm and work with external agencies, such as Social Services, Police etc. to keep them safe.
- Provide signposting to various internal or external agencies who support young people. For example, housing, counselling, job searching grants and benefits.
- Maintain accurate records of information relating to learners and provide data in order to monitor student participation, progress, achievement and outcomes.
- Undertake other duties as may be required by the Group Leadership Team or their representatives, in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the Group.
- Enhanced DBS.
- Experience of working with young people 14-19 years of age from a variety of backgrounds and an understanding of the needs and issues surrounding them and the difficulties students face.
- Experience of positively engaging young people and working with them to improve behaviour, skills and confidence.
- Experience of working with young people in a challenging environment including proactively engaging them in challenging situations.
- Educated to GCSE/ level 2 or equivalent with grades A*-C in English and Mathematics (or to achieve BKSB equivalent within six weeks of appointment).
- Basic level of computer literacy (including word processing, use of internet and email)
- Able to use initiative, organise and prioritise.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff at all levels.
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining good working relations with colleagues and students.
- Commitment to the provision of a quality service and the implementation of quality improvements.
- Commitment to valuing diversity
- Able to work flexibly throughout the week/over the year by prior agreement
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.