ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
We have created a reputation for caring about our candidates, our clients and the communities we work in. Caring for the environment has always been an integral part of this and it's one of the core values of our brand. We've looked at how each aspect of our business affects the environment and we've drawn up a list of priorities and areas where we'll commit our efforts.
- Products and services
We'll minimise the environmental impact of our products and services by making our designs as efficient as possible, by taking account of specific issues like carbon footprints, sustainable sourcing and our use of chemicals, and by working closely with our suppliers, ensuring they hold the same values as us.
- Climate change
We'll reduce both direct and indirect carbon emissions from the energy we use in buildings, transport and manufacturing operations.
- Waste minimisation
We'll make the best use of resources, particularly in areas like packaging, water efficiency and recycling.
We'll encourage open discussion on the issues affecting us by talking and listening to our clients and other stakeholders, providing environmental information with our products and reporting how we perform on our environmental policy.
For us, environmental management goes far beyond just obeying local legislation and preventing pollution. We strongly believe that good environmental practice is good for business, a fundamental corporate responsibility and a key contributor to sustainable development.
All our people, suppliers and contractors have a valuable role to play by implementing this policy within their everyday activities. Putting environmental considerations at the heart of what we do ensures we manage them properly alongside other important business considerations such as safety, quality and value.
In order to make sure we continue to improve in environmental management, we'll set objectives and targets for the activities where we significantly affect the environment. We'll measure our performance on these over time and report our progress at least once a year.
Working in this way, we're sure we can continue to build on the ideals and principles of the 4Recruitment Services brand, upholding the trust of our customers and using our expertise across the supply chain to maintain the health of our planet for current and future generations.
4Recruitment Services aims to continue to improve its environmental performance by:
- Complying with and exceeding the requirements of all environmental legislation.
- Assessing the environmental effects of all business operations.
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees.
- Actively promoting recycling internally to our staff and externally to our candidates and clients.
- Conserving natural resources through increased energy efficiency and better water management.
- Managing waste and avoiding the use of hazardous substances.
- Implementing the use of recycled materials where appropriate.
- Preventing and reducing pollution by implementing efficient control procedures to monitor and manage materials and processes that impact on the environment.
- Making our Environmental Policy publicly available to interested parties.
- Continually seeking to improve environmental performance.
- Monitoring progress and review performance annually.
Delivering our operational plans within this policy will enable 4Recruitment Services to develop sustainable practices and deliver meaningful contributions to the quality of our environment.
Travel and transportation
The business discourages the use of company cars for all but senior staff. All employees are encouraged to use public transport wherever possible and recruitment of office based staff is targeted locally.
Air travel is unavoidable in a business with operations throughout Europe and the rest of the world. In order to reduce flights, conference calling is used for inter-office communications and wherever possible, trains and ferries are used as an alternative.
Our offices are generally open plan and are laid out in such a way as to maximise natural light, therefore reducing our energy needs. Air-conditioning and heating equipment are operated under maintenance agreements and serviced annually to maintain optimum performance and minimising operating costs.
In addition to the above, other initiatives 4Social Work are adopting include:
- Using recycled marketing materials – rulers, pens, pencils and ice scrappers.
- Chilled mains water dispensers installed to reduce bottled water deliveries to nil.
- Reduce the number of bins on each floor to minimise bin bag use/waste.
- Monitor paper usage and plan to reduce levels.
- Recycling toner cartridges.
- Purchasing consumables from sustainable sources.
To ensure that 4Recruitment Services employees do their utmost to improve their own environmental performance, employees can find a non-exhaustive set of energy saving guidelines that are attached to this policy statement. Employees are actively encouraged to abide by these guidelines.
4Recruitment Services energy saving guidelines for employees
Turn off lights and all office equipment when you’re not using them – overnight, at weekends, during bank holidays and while you are on your lunch/coffee breaks.
Reduce water consumption by turning off taps fully and fixing/reporting any drips.
Keep heating at a constant level and ensure that doors and windows are shut when using heating or air conditioning. Even better, turn the heating down a degree. Lowering the set point by 1 degree can reduce bills by up to 8%.
Go paperless – Use email where possible. Set your PC to print double-sided and black and white as standard. Sending as much correspondence electronically (invoices, statements etc.), as possible. Add a ‘please do not print’ logo/notice to the bottom of sent emails.