Adult Services Senior Occupational Therapist
|Job Title:||Adult Services Senior Occupational Therapist|
|Salary:||£17 - 21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist to work with one of our clients based in Dudley You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift times may vary
Pay rates between £17 - £22ph
- To provide a specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and Adult Social Care service provision for adult residents with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria. In conjunction with the service user formulate a plan to enhance their independence through provision of equipment or through home adaptations. The needs of the carer are also to be carefully considered, assessed and where eligible addressed.
- To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users as allocated by the Deputy Team Manager and or Team Manager.
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To prepare and revise care plans in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out, using the department’s policy, procedure and standards on case work recording.
- To ensure confidentiality of service users’ information.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
Knowledge/ Qualifications/ Experience
- Experience of working in a Local Authority/NHS community setting completing Occupational Therapy functional assessments with clients of all ages including some experience of assessing children
- Experience of making recommendations for specialist equipment, Minor and Major adaptations (Disabled Facilities Grants) and working with clients with complex moving and handling needs/Single Handed Care
- Must be able to use electronic case recording – specific experience of Liquid Logic would be an advantage.
- Must be a car owner/driver
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available