Deputy Senior Play Worker - Early Years - East London
|Deputy Senior Play Worker - Early Years - East London
|over 1 year ago
Deputy Senior Play Worker - Early Years - North London
Are you a passionate, dedicated Deputy Senior Play Worker looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting an Deputy Senior Play Worker to join a team based in East London.
Pay Rates: £13.76 - £17.40 per hour
Deputy Senior Play Worker role: Full JD Available
- The Senior Playworker will be responsible for supporting the planning, delivery, evaluation and promotion of high quality, open access adventure play activities.
- You will: Support the Play Manager with the development and delivery of term-time and holiday adventure play provision that promotes the development of physical and emotional well-being in accordance with the Playwork Principles.
- Support the Play Manager in the day to day running of the playground, including oversight of staff, resources, building and site; health and safety and safeguarding arrangements.
- Deputise for the Play Manager in their absence, ensuring service delivery.
- Support the creation and maintenance of a safe, creative, and stimulating play environment.
- Work with the Play Manager to ensure all legal health and safety requirements are met, including the undertaking of maintenance and repair of play structures and the playground site. Work with the Play Manager to ensure equality of opportunity for all young people and actively challenge discrimination, including racism, sexism and all other forms of oppression and unjust attitudes, behaviour and practice.
- This is a physically demanding role, with work predominantly outdoors on the adventure playground.
- You will be expected to deliver all types of play activities including but not limited to: fire and water play, structure building, arts and crafts activities, sport activities, creative and imaginative play, gardening and nature based activities.
- You will also be expected to support day trips and residential activities. A good understanding of structure building, maintenance and repairs is needed; you will be expected to perform daily and quarterly inspections of play structures and the playground space, and carry out remedial repairs and ongoing maintenance to ensure the safety of young people attending the playground.
- During service delivery you will be predominantly based outdoors, all year round and in all weather conditions.
- Hours of Work: 36 hours per week You need to be available for service delivery at the following times: Winter Term time: Tuesday to Friday - 10:45am - 7:30pm Saturday: 10:45am to 4:15pm Summer Term Time: Tuesday to Friday 11am - 7:45pm Saturday: 10:45am to 4:15pm School Holidays: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:45pm
- Level 3 qualification or above in childcare or equivalent
- Previous experience in a support setting with children and families
- Previous experience delivering parenting programmes
- You Must have right to Live & Work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS Certificate registered onto the update service
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any Deputy Senior Play Worker friends or colleagues.
If you are a Deputy Senior Play Worker and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0208 514 9110 and speak to Kasey Sanders Or email on, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available