Early Years SENDCo
|Early Years SENDCo
|£27 per hour
|about 1 month ago
Staffordshire County Council, WV8 1PX
About the Role
This is a crucial role in supporting settings to effectively meet the needs of vulnerable young children with special additional needs.
Responsible to: Early Years Area SENCO Team Leader
Responsible for: N/A
To deliver effective advice and guidance support to a range of early years settings, upskilling and empowering practitioners to meet the needs of all children through inclusive learning environments
To provide targeted support to settings to develop and improve inclusive provision and practice, promoting best outcomes for children
To support the design and delivery bespoke training packages tailored to meet the needs of settings across the county, collaborating with a range of multi-agency professionals
To create and build stronger links between settings and services within the Local Authority and wider community such as health
Directorate –Service 03
services, social care and charitable organisations supporting
children in the early years
To represent the service in a range of forums and panels to advocate for settings and children, sharing intelligence where appropriate
To support, under the direction from the Team Leader, area based initiatives to accelerate the progress of children with special educational needs
To support, under the direction of the Team Leader, planning for future provision and projects to raise the attainment of young children with special educational needs
To investigate and challenge concerns of inequity/discrimination in a professional and supportive manner with a focus on restorative practice
To fulfil responsibility to keep children safe, sharing information with appropriate agencies and taking timely action in line with local and national policy
To contribute to the effective evaluation and improvement of the Early Years Service, ensuring best outcomes for children remain at the heart of decision making.
The majority of the time will be spent visiting early education settings across Staffordshire, a small amount of time can be spent working from home writing reports.
For this temporary role you must have:
- Qualifications/Professional membership
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or relevant
- experience within early years or a related children’s services
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Significant practice-based experience directly supporting
- young children with a range of special educational needs
- Knowledge of a range of strategies and interventions used
- to support young children with special educational needs
- Experience supporting practitioners to be upskilled to
- deliver the best outcomes for children
- Knowledge of legislation and legal requirements to be
- fulfilled in relation to Early Years
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements for Early Years
If you are interested the hiring manager will request the following information.
1. Do you have a DBS? (Please provide the copy if you do)
- a. Do you have a copy of your DBS certificate?
- b. Is your DBS clear of convictions?
- c. Is your DBS subscribed to the update service?
2. What is your notice period?
3. Updated CV
5. National Insurance Number:
The post will start on a temporary basis with the possibility of it being extended or made permanent but that of course would be based on performance.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please get back to me with the details requested and I will submit your application today.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available