Estates Surveyor - Bristol
|Estates Surveyor - Bristol
|£22.88 - 22.88 per hour
|about 2 years ago
Estates Surveyor – Bristol (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £22.88ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The purpose of the post of Estates Surveyor is to assist in the provision of Property Services to the Council with an emphasis on Valuation.
- The postholder will act as a member of the team to which they are allocated. He/she will take a high degree of personal responsibility for carrying out difficult and challenging tasks as an Estates Surveyor providing general practice Surveyor/Valuer duties.
- As a member of the team he/she will contribute to the general management, development and review of the Team and Unit. This will be done both in terms of services provided and staff, in accordance with the Council’s Visions and Values, policy and other objectives.
- The postholder should ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services.
- To assist the Line Manager in the formulation of detailed Service objectives and policies.
- To assist the Line Manager with the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council’s objectives, including financial ones.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council’s Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring that the Team’s services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of individuals and the Team(s).
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- To ensure the delivery of the results in relation to the achievement of revenue and capital income targets; valuation for capital accounting purposes; and property appraisal either personally or under the supervision of a Senior Estates Surveyor.
- To ensure all results are delivered on time and within budget so as to meet the targets assigned to the postholder and/or team.
- To undertake difficult, and challenging tasks (eg primarily valuation work but also portfolio management; development; and asset management work).
- To assist the Line Manager in establishing and implementing innovative, efficient and effective means (eg data systems) for the team or individuals to achieve successful results.
- To undertake detailed investigations into the various Title and Town and Country Planning status of all the classes and types of property included in the Council’s estate. To prepare submit and pursue Town and Country Planning applications for development and improvement of property in the team’s care as necessary.
- To carry out a variety of property valuations of differing tenure, type and for various purposes to include (but not limited to) valuations for capital accounting purposes, investment, and other statutory valuations.
- To assist the team, when necessary, and act as the Council’s agent in other management functions such as acquisition, letting, management and disposal, by sale of lease, of all types of property. In such circumstances the postholder will exercise substantial delegated financial authority in complex and difficult negotiations in order to secure the most advantageous terms for the Council.
- The Postholder will be expected to act mostly on his/her own initiative once he/she has agreed a work programme with the Line Manager/Senior Estates Surveyor. He/She will be responsible for the achievement of agreed targets and will be expected to call upon the Senior Estates Surveyor for only minimal support and guidance.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £200 - 240 per day
Quantity Surveyor - Lancashire
Salary: £22.91 - 22.91 per hour
Disrepair Surveyor - Basildon
Salary: £40 per hour
Customer Service Administrator
Salary: £115 - 142 per day
Salary: £25.13 - 25.13 per hour