Interim Flood Risk Officer
|Job Title:||Interim Flood Risk Officer|
|Salary:||£28.09 - 31.09 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harry Cavell|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for an Interim Flood Risk Officer. You will be working in Shrewsbury.
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Pay rate - £31.09ph via umbrella
- To assist in the implementation as the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) as set out in the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and as the Land Drainage Authority as set out in the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- To assist in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy for the Borough.
- Assist in the delivery and monitoring of flood alleviation projects to ensure they are completed on time, on budget, and meet required specifications.
- To undertake the effective regulation of ordinary watercourses through appropriate engagement with landowners and to undertake enforcement actions where necessary, with reference to the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- To technically review, comment on, and process Ordinary Watercourse Consent applications made to the authority in relation to the Land Drainage Act 1991, monitoring constructed works and updating and maintaining a register of consented works.
- To undertake the investigation of flooding and collection of data to maintain a register of reported flood events. To assist in proposing solutions and preparing designs for flood alleviation and drainage improvement schemes.
- To carry out statutory flood investigations as part of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and publish findings.
- Working and consulting with internal and external stakeholders and dealing with Councillors and members of the public.
- Dealing with customer queries and emergencies during severe flood events.
- To assist the Councils Highway Teams in the delivery of minor works capital schemes by providing recommendations and technical input on a range of highway flooding issues.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available