|Job Title:||Libraries Manager|
|Salary:||£26.73 - 26.73 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Libraries Manager. You will be working in Newbury.
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Pay rate - £26.73ph via umbrella
- To be the technical lead officer in Libraries, and to advise the Council on all matters relating to the Library Service.
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources throughout the Library service.
- To work with the Culture and Libraries Manager (CLM) to plan and implement service plans and developments for the Library service
- Under direction from the Culture and Libraries Service Manager, lead the overall planning, management and development of the library service
- Advise the Council on technical and legislative changes to library services
- With the CLM, prepare and maintain a strategic plan for the Libraries service, monitoring its development and preparing Member briefing reports
- Lead and chair scheduled meetings of direct reports and other staff meetings
- Within the Culture and Libraries Service Team, contribute to marketing and promotion of culture and library services
- Deputise for the Service Manager as required
- Plan and allocate the Libraries budget to cost centres on an annual basis.
- Regularly manage and monitor budgets for all libraries cost centres ensuring effective financial control against allocated revenue budget provision
- Support CLM in planning and forecasting for Libraries cost centres
- Represent libraries on cross-service projects within the Council and with partner organisations
- Represent the Council at regional and national forums, i.e. Society of Chief Librarians
- Maintain awareness of current developments in public libraries, including national and regional initiatives, and assist in their application locally as appropriate
- Maintain awareness of wider economic, political and social changes which may affect libraries and assist in developing services accordingly
- Represent the Council as lead officer on the South East Library Management System (SELMS) Steering Board
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available