Lunchtime Teaching Assistant
|Job Title:||Lunchtime Teaching Assistant|
|Salary:||£13 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Lunchtime Teaching Assistant to support our client based in Wandsworth. This role is Tuesday to Friday 11am to 3pm (this is flexible but most be a minimum of 3 days per week).
This role is to support and mentor learners with social, emotional, and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or with ESOL, English and Maths support needs to enable them to successfully complete their qualifications, course and where appropriate, education, health and care.
You will be providing each learner with the support needed to carry out their learning effectively. You will be Implementing and delivering support as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers, and other relevant professionals. This will also involve helping to implement agreed individual programmes of support for learners to enable them to achieve qualification aims, develop independence, enhance progression opportunities and progress towards EHCP outcomes. You will safeguard learners and promote their well-being in all aspects of their learning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To provide outstanding support to all learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or ESOL, English and Maths support needs, to access their planned learning opportunities.
- To act as a learning mentor to support learners’ academic success, health and wellbeing and preparation for adulthood as appropriate.
- To work in partnership with academic staff and be proactive in keeping tutors informed of learners ‘progress by keeping high quality support records to audit standards and deadlines using college recording systems such as Promonitor.
- To contribute to the development and review of learners’ individual agreed support plans and risk assessments and ensure they are followed in all aspects of college life.
- To support learners to develop confidence and independence in their educational, social and work-related learning through the use of teaching and learning strategies as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
- To support learners to record and report on their own progress in relation to their targets and EHCP outcomes, as well as completing records to evidence progress as required.
- Where required physically support learners for example, pushing wheelchairs, using evacuation chairs and other specialist equipment following training.
- To, following training, support learners with all aspects of their personal and intimate care.
- To, following training, support learners in the storage and administration of medication as required. This includes recording and reporting on the process.
- To set-up and maintain learner’s assistive technology and support them to use it as required. General Duties of the Post The post holder will assist with or undertake the following:
- To participate in the Professional Development Programme and undertake training as required including all relevant areas of technology.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Group Health and Safety Policy
- To be available to assist in enrolment and other procedures which may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Enhanced DBS (provided by the company free of charge)
- Able to take guidance and directions from support manager.
- Communication skills.
- A willingness to undertake staff development
- Willingness to support people physically with their personal care, and with medication (training provided).
- Good literacy, computer and note taking skills.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available