Qualified Social Worker - Adult's Mental Health Team
|Job Title:||Qualified Social Worker - Adult's Mental Health Team|
|Salary:||£37,890 per year|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker - Adult's Mental Health Team to work with one of our clients based in Southend. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Salary paying up to £37,890 a year
We require an experienced social worker to join our Integrated Community Mental Health team for Older People. You must have experience of working with older people. An AMHP qualification is desirable. Good knowledge of the social services and wellbeing act wales, mental health (Wales) measure, mental health act and mental capacity act are essential
A core requirement of the post is that the worker will operate as an AMHP and provide required s114 statutory MHA (Mental Health Act) cover to the AMHP duty rota. The post will involve some out of hours working, where assessments have commenced during working hours, but then have run beyond core working hours.
- To arrange and coordinate the process of assessments under the Mental Health Act 1983 adhering to all mental health legislation, the MHA Codes of Practice and other related legislation. This includes the screening of MHA referrals and would be undertaken on a rota basis, acting as a Single Point of Access for all requests for assessments under the Mental Health Act.
- To practice as an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), including participating on the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) rota which will take place in a variety of settings including assessments in the community, s136 suites, police stations and hospitals. Assessments are undertaken for those experiencing a mental disorder of a nature or degree regardless of age.
- Where an application for detention into hospital is deemed necessary and the AMHP is satisfied that such an application ought to be made in respect of the individual. Such applications to admit formally into hospital require the completion of statutory documentation. While both informal and detained admissions necessitate the completion of an AMHP assessment report. As part of the assessment process an AMHP is required consult and consider the wishes expressed by the patient and relatives as well as any involved professionals in the delivery of the individual’s care. While there are specific requirements under Mental Health legislation relating to consultation within the nearest relative.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ben Smith on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available