Senior Building Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Building Surveyor|
|Salary:||£19 - 22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Building Surveyor. You will be working in Huddersfield. Flexibility on working from home arrangements
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Pay rate up to £22ph
- You will manage and supervise junior staff through allocating workload both within and across teams. It is also essential that you ensure the staff you supervise receive coaching, guidance and appraisals such that they develop and improve their Building Control skills.
- You will carry out the full range of proactive Building Control or Public Safety duties and act as a senior professional taking the lead on projects where required. You will also assist with the management of the functional teams
- Undertaking a lead role on building regulatory matters which are key or complex projects which have significant impact on the health safety and welfare of the public or community
- Analysing and evaluating all the functional design features of plans deposited ensuring relevant standards are satisfied. Issuing decisions and notices as required within statutory timescales
- Leading on enforcement matters including liaising with the council’s solicitors and prosecutions
- Investigating complaints and making decisions on or advising The Building Control Manager(BCM) potential courses of action
- Undertaking inspections, attending/chairing meetings, liaising with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and issuing certificates/notices in connection safety at sports arenas and other events.
- Leading on work associated with demolitions
- Responding to reports of dangerous structures and ensuring the council’s statutory obligations are discharged through, negotiations, notices or initiating emergency works – this may involve participating in the councils Emergency Plan
- Management of the functional team including duties such as supervising staff, allocating and monitoring workload, staff development, training and carrying out appraisals, sickness monitoring and disciplinary matters (where required).
- Developing and maximising income streams through marketing the building regulation and other services to customers
- Carrying out surveys and preparing technical reports e.g. structural, fire safety, accessibility, etc. of existing and new buildings
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available