|Kingston upon Thames
|£14 - 16 per hour
|about 1 year ago
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Wellbeing Advisor to support our client based in Kingston Upon Thames. This role is Monday to Friday, full time (7.5hrs each day).
As a pivotal part of the frontline team, you will provide high quality, confidential, time-bound intensive Pastoral support for students experiencing significant difficulties in line with service referral thresholds and/or professional guidelines. You will work in close liaison with students, staff and external organisations to safeguard students and support them in achieving their full potential by offering holistic support including enrichment tailored to their needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To provide a high quality professional and confidential holistic Wellbeing service to students ‘at risk’ in line with service thresholds in order to promote emotional health and resilience
- Triage, assess and action referrals through a central team inbox accordingly in line with pastoral caseload thresholds and safeguarding procedure. Refer to external support agencies around issues such as; benefits, homelessness, childcare, sexual health and substance misuse etc.
- Provide accurate information and support at the Centre drop-in to students around the College bursary applications and signpost / refer as appropriate in liaison with the central payments team
- Lead on student risk assessment and safety plans, through multi-agency strategies, referrals and 1-1 intervention for a fixed period, identifying / responding to needs and compiling external agency documentation as appropriate to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the cohort
- Be a Safeguarding Officer for the College, assess risk and take appropriate timely action, consulting with the DSL where necessary to safeguard students in line with policy and procedure
- Lead on key pastoral support/wellbeing Service initiatives to target student cohorts such as the Adult Education Budget (AEB) support programme and develop service capacity through professional volunteers as required
- Work closely with internal staff and specialist external agencies to advocate and provide effective support for students where relevant, providing feedback as appropriate in line with data protection safeguarding procedures
- Maintain accurate and timely records in accordance with the Group’s quality standards, learning support (AEB) funding requirements, professional guidelines, self-assessment, inspections, and skills audit in order to ensure a consistent high quality and cost effective service for learners
- To analyse the data collected and produce reports regarding access to the provision, making recommendations as appropriate
- Be a proactive ambassador for wellbeing and the wider service (enrichment/careers), raising awareness of issues, through a variety of activities e.g. team meetings, service films, websites, presentations, events and workshops etc. in order to reduce stigma and improve the wellbeing of students
- Willingness to support students out of college hours where appropriate and required
- Undertakes an agreed schedule of supervision to adhere to safe working practice
- Enhanced DBS (provided by agency)
- Qualification in Mental health/Psychology, Social Work or relevant professional qualification at Diploma Level.
- Significant understanding and experience of providing a professional Wellbeing Support service, preferably in an educational/FE environment with young people and/or adults.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both oral and written (to include empathy, discretion and confidentiality with both internal and external customers).
- Ability to build strong relationships and rapport with a wide range of customers, along with experience of liaising with specialist external agencies.
- Significant safeguarding practitioner experience and knowledge of external support agencies, data protection regulations, and referral procedures in relation to safety planning risk assessment and information sharing.
- Strong IT/administration skills to effectively record and market all service delivery using applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, College intranet/website, Social media outlets Pro-monitor/EBS as well as a willingness to undertake further training in the use of College software.
- The ability to follow standard College processes and procedures in a methodical and organised manner.
- Hardworking and reliable with a flexible approach to hours as required.
- A willingness to participate in relevant continuing professional development.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available