Wirral - Travel Officer
|Job Title:||Wirral - Travel Officer|
|Salary:||£11.50 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Doy|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
An exciting role has become available in Wirral's Road Safety Team. We are looking for a temporary, full time post to work with local schools to encourage more people to walk, cycle / scoot or park away from the school and walk. We are introducing this role to improve the environment, health and fitness, road safety and wellbeing in local communities. Working closely with identified schools, the Active Travel Officer will identify the issues and barriers to active travel faced by the school community through engagement and surveys and will then deliver a program of measures to address the issues. Due to the nature of the role, this is not a remote working role and we are looking for someone who is able to work closely with local communities to deliver our objectives.
- Work with the specified community to deliver a range of interventions to contribute to behaviour change towards road safety & active travel, including the delivery of the Modeshift programme
- Work alongside key stakeholders, including partner agencies to address travel and transport issues to enable safer journeys for all
- Set up and oversee steering groups within defined community to deliver action plans for behaviour change to support local initiatives including School Streets.
- Deliver a range of activities and initiatives tailored to the local setting, such as (but not limited to) Modeshift STARS accreditation, event days and promotion and participation in local or national campaigns such as Clean Air Day, Walk once a Week or Bike Month.
- Monitor initiatives and report back to the Team Leader on the progress including the Modeshift programme, local action plans and prepare delivery reports.
- To organise and promote publicity and awareness events within the defined community as appropriate.
- To work in partnership with colleagues and other organisations to establish and contribute towards solutions for safer local sustainable transport issues.
- Organise and deliver appropriate safer active travel advice and training courses, including the design of suitable materials as appropriate. Work intensively with communities on a one to one or group basis to effect positive change.
For more information on this position, please get in contact with Jodie – JodieD@4recruitmentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available