Assessed Contact Supervisor (Social and Healthcare Qualified)
|Job Title:||Assessed Contact Supervisor (Social and Healthcare Qualified)|
|Salary:||£10.54 - 10.54 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
We are currently looking for a Assessed Contact Supervisor (Social and Healthcare Qualified) to work with one of our clients based in Bradford. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Pay rate - £10.54ph
- To supervise contact between looked after children and their families where this is ordered by the court or agreed to be in the child’s best interests. This could be either in a community setting or a suitable setting as agreed by the Contact Service Coordinator.
- To contribute to services for looked after children and their families by providing a consistent, child focussed service that is in the child’s best interests.
- To feedback to the Contact Service Coordinator/Social Worker any issues in respect of safeguarding or welfare of the child in a timely fashion
- To supervise direct contact with looked after children and their families within the child’s home, placement or at designated contact centres as directed by the Contact Service Coordinator.
- To support and advocate for a diverse range of looked after children and their families in contentious situations.
- To assess risk to child and self and make appropriate safeguarding decision to ensure parents and family are able to safely engage with the child for the full duration of the contact. Assess risk when contacts is conducted in the community setting and liaise with the Contact Service Coordinator about management of that risk
- To assist in implementing contact agreement between the Local Authority and parents and advise on necessary changes to contact agreement.
- Where necessary to transport the child to and from the place of contact, using own means of transport.
- Before the contact begins, to make sure the parents and family are able to safely engage with the child for the full duration of the contact.
- To observe play and interaction (verbal and non-verbal) between child and family. To provide guidance, coaching and support to improve the quality of contact.
- To assess parenting capacity and provide guidance on parenting, play and interaction between the child and family. To make sure toys, activities, play and interaction with family are safe and appropriate for the child.
- To record contact observation in accordance with Local Authority recording procedures and provide summary and analysis when requested by the child’s social worker.
- To review and feedback to parents, family and children on the quality of contact and ways to improve. Liaise with foster carer and gives brief feedback to the foster carer after contact. To advise families on the appropriate use of the contact facility
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Contact Supervisor - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £18 per hour
Assistant Residential Workers- Cambridge
Salary: £8.20 - 9.75 per hour
Team Leader Residential Worker - Ayrshire, Scotland
Salary: £14 per hour
Residential Care Worker - Stoke-on-Trent
Salary: £12.35 - 12.35 per hour