Child Protection Advisor (LADO) | Children and Young Peoples Team | Brent
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Child Protection Advisor (LADO) or Team Manager to work within a Children and Young Peoples Team based within Brent. The Successful Child Protection Advisor will be required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Children's team.
- To contribute to the provision of an effective child protection service by chairing multi-agency Child Protection conferences.
- To provide expert safeguarding advice and consultation to the department and outside agencies.
- To quality assure multi-agency service delivery and support and challenge practice in the best interest of our most vulnerable children and young people.
- To identify and promote areas of good practice and contribute to practice improvement
- To support the Safeguarding Manager in ensuring the Child Protection Conference system is run efficiently and effectively.
- To chair Child Protection Conferences in a professional manner using Signs of Safety.
- To monitor the preparedness of parents, carers and children for Child Protection Conferences and ensure that they participate as fully as possible in the process.
- To monitor the quality of work, written and verbal social work reports to Child Protection Conferences and the thoroughness of the implementation of protection plans to contribute to the overall quality assurance function of the service.
- Drive good practice with service managers, team managers, social workers and multi-agency partners
- To capture and share good practice alongside challenging practice shortfalls and escalating concerns appropriately across the multi-agency partnership.
- To monitor the participation, preparedness and quality of written and verbal presentations to Child Protection Conferences of members of the inter-agency network.
- To respond to any complaints raised by professionals or family members during the process of an investigation, Child Protection Conference or thereafter.
- To maintain effective liaison with all appropriate agencies working in the field of child protection and to identify and develop links with agencies.
- To attend meetings on behalf of the Safeguarding Manager.
- To work closely with managers and practitioners in Children's Services and to attend their management/team meetings regularly in order to co-ordinate practice.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
To apply for this the Social Worker must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Substantial post-qualifying experience including statutory work with children and their families
- An in-depth knowledge of the delivery of services to children and their families and the current issues and legislation affecting them
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Salary is £32 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area:
Please contact Charlotte Park on 0208 911 1085.