|Job Title:||Family Solicitor|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Family Solicitor
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 5 days a week.
PAY RATE: from £23 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Family Solicitor to provide the professional services of a solicitor to the Council and other bodies within the Directorate for Health and Well-being.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To advise Council, Executive, Committees, Officers and Departments of the Council on legal matters primarily, but not exclusively, relating to all areas of Social Services and Education including attendance at evening meetings as required.
- Advocacy in contested and uncontested hearings in Court and when necessary instruction of Counsel at the Family Court, including the preparation and management of cases.
- Drafting and settling of legal documentation with particular reference to Children’s Social Care and Education matters.
- Conduct of litigation with particular reference to Children’s Social Care and Education matters.
- To give clear guidance and assistance to all members of the team in respect of the areas of expertise specific to the postholder and to assist and cover for other team members, as necessary.
- Representation of the department externally, as required.
- Participation in departmental working groups, as required.
- Assisting in supervising the work of any unqualified staff assigned to the team.
- Training social workers and Education staff in the law and legal procedures.
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister
- Knowledge of social care/ child care legislation
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Extensive experience of advising Social Work clients and their managers.
- Extensive post qualification experience in conducting child care proceedings.
- Advocacy experience including contested Hearings at Court.
- Ability to advise competently in complex child care matters and to assimilate and advise upon evidential matters relating thereto.
- Advocacy Skills & drafting Skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to work to consistently tight deadlines
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to implement Practice Management Standards
- Ability to cope with sensitive, emotional issues
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's