Finance Business Partner - Somerset
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner - Somerset|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
Finance Business Partner – Somerset
Full Time (35 hours per week)
Provide expertise and strong management to drive performance and to commission and/or deliver our clients priorities and meet service targets, as a member of our clients Senior Management Group.
Provide clarity, management and motivation in delivering the New Operating Model, the County Plan and other council transformation programmes as required.
Ensure the effective understanding and operation of any specific statutory or regulatory duty contained within the role.
Advise Members and Directors in respect of operational planning and commissioning, policy matters and service delivery issues and engage with partners in the promotion, communication and delivery of services.
- Ensures that a range of service budgets are compiled, presented, challenged with the budget holders and that the report accompanying forecasts and historical information is rigorously tested and tight budgetary guidelines and financial controls are maintained and applied. Identifies areas where pressure is or may develop and proposes actions necessary to rectify the situation.
- Responsible for key specific financial areas within a range of service budgets delivering the full range of client accounting services.
- Ensures financial management systems, procedures & service meet standards and targets determined and takes remedial action to rectify any areas of unsatisfactory performance. Ensures future requirements are planned, anticipated and implemented effectively, fully utilised and fit for purpose such as changes on financial processes implemented by SCC.
- Provides significant input into the budget monitoring process and timetable, client finance response to corporate processes such as the Medium-Term Financial Plan and the accounting cycle, financial involvement in major new contracts.
- Determines Service Plan content and targets to be achieved and ensures objectives are achieved.
- Implements plans, polices or initiatives affecting the Section (either corporate or departmental) and ensures that these are understood, well communicated and embedded within the operation of the section or methods of operation.
- Manages a technically qualified team and ensures that staff have the right skills to enable them to fulfil present and future requirements and ensures that all training needs are identified, provided and measured in terms of effectiveness.
- Provides financial advice and guidance on technical and policy application and understanding, providing solutions and alternatives to situations enabling an appropriate resolution to the position.
- Ensures all partnership, pooled and grant aided budgets are managed in accordance with conditions set and adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Develops plans and courses to provide financial training to non-financial managers to enable a more professional level of budgetary awareness within the department, providing a more cost effective service to employees.
- Recommend specific approaches, or solutions to problems or situations to enable a financial appraisal to be undertaken.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens 0208 514 9148
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's