Health and safety officer
|Job Title:||Health and safety officer|
|Location:||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
Health and safety officer – Glamorgan
Location: Civic Offices, CF634RU – potential of some remote working
Contract: Initial 6-month contract with possible further extension
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay: up to 22ph (depending on experience)
The implementation of health and safety legislation within the Directorate(s) allocated to this role by the Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager.
Providing professional advice/support to relevant Directorates and Management Teams.
Developing Health and Safety Policies and Procedures for the Council with particular regard for the Directorates allocated to this role.
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Ensuring that the Council’s health and safety policies and procedures are developed, assessed, reviewed, and amended accordingly particularly for the areas of the Council that you are allocated to.
- Assisting managers and staff in conducting risk assessments you will provide relevant advice, guidance, and support for managers to understand their responsibilities and produce accurate risk assessments.
- Keeping up to date on all matters in respect of health, safety, and well-being so that you can advise and guide managers accordingly
- Undertaking audits and inspections in line with an agreed programme using the iAuditor system.
- Processing accident/incident/near miss forms and carrying out in depth accident/incident investigations to promote a “lessons learnt approach” reporting to the HSE where applicable. Ensuring that reports are presented to senior management in a timely manner.
- Preparing comprehensive accident / incident reports in liaison with the Council’s insurance section where there is litigation pending.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Deanna Clarke on 020 8514 9152 or Email DeannaC@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health & Safety Consultants - Sheffield City
Salary: £22.73 - 22.73 per hour
Southampton City - Senior Communications Officer
Salary: £18 per hour
LGV Waste Collection Driver (Category C) - Barnsley
Salary: £13.50 - 13.50 per hour
Building surveyor facilities management - Cardiff
Salary: £24 per hour