Health Improvement Officer - North Yorkshire
|Job Title:||Health Improvement Officer - North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£18.53 - 18.53 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Health Improvement Officer – North Yorkshire
Salary: £ 18.53ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The post holder will support the Health Improvement Manager (Health Protection) and will work as part of a hub providing the operational public health response to COVID-19. The Health Improvement Officer will also support the Health Improvement Manager (Health Protection) in relation to a range of non-Covid health protection matters. This may include but is not limited to other non COVID-19 outbreaks; supporting a range of health protection activities and promoting immunisation and screening.
- The postholder will support the Health Improvement Manager (Health Protection) in a range of outbreak management activities such as case allocation and management as required as part of the hub. The postholder will support the daily reporting and recording of COVID-19 cases and outbreaks as part of the daily work of the hub.
- This post will support the Public Health team to ensure that the portfolio of tasks/projects is planned, managed and delivered effectively.
- The post holder will be a key member of the Public Health team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally.
- To lead the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of a range of multi-agency public health protection programmes in in line with national and local policies.
- To be the lead Health Improvement Officer for defined areas of health protection work, develop, deliver, monitor and evaluate a range of multi-agency public health programmes in line with national and local policies.
- To work autonomously within own levels of expertise and authority taking responsibility to seek expert advice when appropriate.
- To perform any other duties required by the line manager commensurate with grade.
- Provide relevant and timely specialist advice and guidance on public health matters relating to specific projects
- Work with members of the team and key stakeholders to investigate the causes of any variance from plans/targets and contribute to the implementation of solutions
- Support the development of internal and external communications where required by regular contact with the teams, stakeholders and communications team
- Responsible for the preparation of correspondence and complex papers, as directed by the manager
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including the NHS and voluntary and community sector
- To raise awareness of the public health agenda through delivering presentations and workshops to a wide range of audiences
- To participate and contribute to an internal PH Directorate programme of CPD.
- To contribute to the development of public health skills and knowledge internally and externally by offering advice, information and consultancy.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive, political, and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- To design and deliver presentations and workshops on range of public health issues to a range of staff.
- To participate in the annual Individual Performance Review and Development process.
- To attend relevant professional meetings and conferences, when possible.
- The County Council requires a commitment to equity of access and outcomes, this will include due regard to equality, diversity, dignity, respect and human rights and working with others to keep vulnerable people safe from abuse and mistreatment.
- The County Council requires that staff offer the best level of service to their customers and behave in a way that gives them confidence. Customers will be treated as individuals, with respect for their diversity, culture and values.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's