Housing Development & Policy Officer - Bury
|Job Title:||Housing Development & Policy Officer - Bury|
|Salary:||£14.86 - 14.86 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Housing Development & Policy Officer – Bury
Salary: £ 14.86ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Responsibility for the development and operational management of landlord and tenant engagement and enforcement in relation to the private rented sector.
- Contribute to the development of the private reneted sector ensuring fulfuillment of housing objectives incldung the delivering the objective of the migration fund.
- To develop housing and related strategies, policies and procedures, particularly in relation to Private Sector Housing.
- To contribute to the implementation of appropriate strategies and develop/ implement policies, procedures, projects and initiatives to deliver better service outcomes.
- To maintain and provide up to date and reliable data, particularly in relation to private sector housing.
- To carry out housing inspections under HHSRS including HMOs (Houses in multiple occupancy).
- To provide research function linked to the post as appropriate.
- To lead the development and production, and where appropriate the delivery, of relevant strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with a programme agreed with the Unit Manager – Policy and Development. This will include:
- Gathering information and intelligence from primary and secondary sources in order to understand current thinking and support the development of new services, initiatives, strategies, policies and good practice
- Consultation and engagement with stakeholders
- Identifying the implications of strategies, policies and procedures and preparing implementation plans for new areas of activity in liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring implementation
- To formulate projects and lead multi disciplinary teams as required to work towards the implementation of agreed strategies and policies.
- To provide a research and information function to assist in the development of new services, initiatives, strategies, policies and good practice.
- To develop and maintain effective and accurate data collection and retention systems.
- To interpret and analyse complex information and data in order to support the development of policies and strategies and to provide advice and recommendations to managers.
- To support the work of other officers within the service, as agreed by the Unit Manger – Policy and Development for example Carrying out property inspections; identifying hazards under the Housing Health & Safety Rating System; offering advice and recommendations on property improvements and referring any serious Category 1 hazards to the appropriate officers e.g. EHO’s, Building Control.
- Provide an advisory and marketing role to landlords on their legal obligations, acceptable standards, decency, energy efficiency and tenancy sustainment.
- Providing conflict resolution for both landlords and tenants in disputes where appropriate and mediating in sometimes difficult public meetings.
- Responsibility for organising, promoting and delivering, stakeholder and other public events.
- Identify opportunities including funding opportunities to support the delivery of schemes.
- To present complex information and data in a meaningful way to a wide range of audiences, including Landlords, stakeholders, senior managers, Elected Members, service users and other staff inside and outside the council, using a variety of methods, including written reports and presentations.
- To ensure that any returns, bids or other documents related to the work of the post are completed accurately and promptly.
- To work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and develop partnerships in order to support the effective delivery of housing-related initiatives in the borough.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available