Nurse - Housing Medical Advisor
|Job Title:||Nurse - Housing Medical Advisor|
|Salary:||£250 - 310 per day|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Housing Medical Advisor, applicants must be a qualified nurse who holds a current valid nursing qualification. The role will require you to lead on the development, implementation and management of the housing and health advisory service (Medical Service) to the council and its housing partners. The key task will be to assess the medical needs of clients seeking housing and determining property recommendation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To provide expert advice on claims of vulnerability for Homelessness Applications under Part V11 of the Housing Act (1996) Section 189 (c) as amended by Homelessness Act (2002)
- Provide an experienced and expert resource to the council and its partners on housing issues related to health needs in accordance with Lewisham Allocation Policy and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System of Housing Act (2004)
- Provide expert advice on medical issues in Review/ Judicial Review proceedings relating to vulnerability or suitability issues
- Interview customers and carry out home visits, where necessary to obtain and verify information for the purposes of conducting a medical assessment
- Advise on vulnerability of persons requiring temporary housing on medical grounds in accordance with Section 188 of Housing Act (1996)
- Attend interviews with the Housing Ombudsman, Independent Adjudicator or Legal Department and respond to queries regarding specific cases, policies and procedures
- Provide witness statements, attend court and give evidence in Judicial Review cases or with the councils Legal Department, where the case is medically related.
- Advise health professionals on policy and procedures for housing medical assessments and act as a link between Health and the Council
- Advise customers on ways to improve housing situations to promote health and reduce health inequalities.
- Develop literature and leaflets on lifestyle that could improve health within a household
- Provide detailed, well-reasoned reports on medical assessments related to Homelessness Applications and Reviews
- Provide written response to all customers on the housing waiting list, informing them of their banding and property features necessary for their medical need
- Provide written or verbal responses to client’s enquiries, explaining how medical banding was reached
- Seek further medical information from GP’s, Hospital consultants and other health professionals to aid in assessing claims of vulnerability, property suitability or other housing matters
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Currently a Registered Nurse or General Practitioner
- National Health Service or Local Authority experience, particularly in the Community
- Maintain PREP requirements and NMC registration
- Extensive medical knowledge across a wide range of specialist medical areas
- Postgraduate experience in policy on health policy and/or housing and health policy would be ideal
- Extensive knowledge of housing legislation required to understand and work across the two specialist areas of health and housing would be ideal.
- Excellent understanding of the effects of housing on health and determinants of health and the impact of environmental factors
- Able to prepare and present reports and to analyse statistical information
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available