Interim Compliance Manager - Electrical & Fire services
|Job Title:||Interim Compliance Manager - Electrical & Fire services|
|Salary:||£350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Mascall|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Interim Compliance Manager – Electrical & Fire services – North London
Salary: Up to £349.99 per day
Duties include but are not limited:
- To manage contractual relationships with service providers and oversee contractor performance, via monthly core group meetings, taking robust action, where contractor performance falls below a satisfactory level.
- Lead on the delivery of the council’s statutory electrical testing programs ensuring that all, regulatory and policy requirements are complied with at all times.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Manager and Compliance Delivery Officer, develop and implement a revised electrical testing program, to align the councils existing program to a five-year testing cycle.
- Lead on the delivery of the councils testing, inspection and maintenance programmes for active fire safety systems ensuring that all systems are subject to an appropriate testing and servicing regime in accordance with current British Standard requirements. This includes but is not limited to:
- Automatic fire detection systems (Communal)
- Automatic opening vent systems
- Emergency lighting systems
- Dry rising mains
- Emergency access systems
- Personal fire-fighting equipment
- Lead on the delivery of the councils testing, inspection and maintenance programmes for lightening protection systems, ensuring that all systems are maintained in accordance with current British Standard requirements.
- Lead on the delivery of the council’s annual testing and inspection programme for portable electrical appliances (Community Halls).
- Liaising with the asset management team, develop a comprehensive asset list of door entry and other security systems across the stock, putting into place an appropriate testing and maintenance regime.
- Liaising with the asset management team, develop a comprehensive asset list of Photovoltaic panels across the stock, putting into place an appropriate testing and maintenance regime.
- Liaise with the Councils Property Services team to provide technical advice, as required, to support the specification of new electrical installations or fittings
Skills and Knowledge:
- As a regular and intrinsic part of this role requires you to communicate effectively with stakeholders in English, the ability to converse at ease with colleagues and provide advice in accurate spoken and written English is essential and consistent with the requirements of this role.
- A relevant trade qualification to Chartered Engineer or Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year's post-qualification experience.
- A minimum of 4-years experience of building services engineering, qualified to HND level or similar technical qualification
- Extensive experience of managing contractors in a repairs and maintenance environment using effective monitoring techniques to improve productivity levels
- Experience designing, installing or inspecting electrical and/or active fire safety installations, for condition or defects and developing, or scoping detailed and accurate schedules of work
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to the repair and maintenance of electrical services and active fire systems
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Jordan Mascall on 0208 514 9145 or JordanM@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available