Mortuary Services Manager - Manchester
|Job Title:||Mortuary Services Manager - Manchester|
|Location:||Manchester City Centre|
|Salary:||£25 - 27 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Ben Smith|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Mortuary Services Manager – Manchester
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day operational running of the mortuaries across all sites at the Manchester University Foundation Trust. As the lead for the mortuaries the post holder will work autonomously, liaising with all members of the multi-disciplinary team involved in care of the deceased. The post holder is responsible for all aspects of after death care and will ensure that services promote dignified care of the deceased at all times. The post holder will maintain standards according to relevant legislation, HTA and ISO guidance.
- In conjunction with the Histology Laboratory Manager, Head of Service and Clinical Leads provide technical advice in the area of specialised anatomical pathology technology and care of the deceased person to the organisation.
- In consultation with the Clinical Leads and HTA Designated Individual, and with extensive use of personal judgement based on advanced experience and knowledge, ensure that correct decisions are made by Mortuary staff on all aspects of evisceration, post mortem examination, anatomical dissection, tissue retrieval and reconstruction of the deceased that may directly affect patient care and management.
- Use specialist judgement and experience in determining the appropriate methods of evisceration, internal organ removal and tissue retrieval for further examination based on visible pathological features and assessment of the submitted clinical details.
- Supervise and perform investigations of varying complexity, this includes both routine and highly specialised evisceration, post mortem examination, anatomical dissection and tissue retrieval utilising specialist knowledge and skills.
- Ensure the highest scientific standards are maintained and to contribute to the improvement of technical and scientific standards within the department.
Pay rate is £25-27ph
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Luke Mathurin on 02085149139 or Lukem@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available