Moving and Handling Team Leader
|Job Title:||Moving and Handling Team Leader|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Moving and Handling Team Leader to support our client based in Manchester, Beswick. This is a full-time position, 7 hours a day and 5 days per week.
We need someone with accredited manual handling of people training to carry out moving and handling risk assessments in the community, hospitals, and residential care homes. You would also be providing training to carers, and families in the use of manual handling equipment (hoists/slings etc).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- The role holder will ensure the provision of a high quality, people-centred service which understands the causes of service user needs in order to improve their opportunities and independence.
- The role holder will manage the delivery of complex assessments of both children and adults with regard to Moving and Handling complex equipment, major adaptations which are responsive to the social care needs of the service user in a sensitive and appropriate manner considering and implementing a range of available solutions and interventions.
- The role holder will establish and maintain partnerships with a range of stakeholders in line with statutory functions and relevant legislation and Council policy and procedures and provide professional advice and guidance to customers, families/carers, external and internal service providers on assessment issues, equipment and major adaptations.
- Carry out holistic assessments which are responsive to the needs of Manchester residents including where appropriate, to plan, implement and evaluate the provision of rehabilitation services.
- Deliver professional and detailed advice and assistance with regards to options available for the equipment, major adaptations, daily living techniques and care/support needs of service users to promote better outcomes.
- Identify current and potential safeguarding risks and refer where appropriate, assisting in investigations of allegations to ensure vulnerable service users are protected.
- Manual Handling Training.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and training.
- Enhanced DBS (provided by us free of charge, if you haven’t already got one).
- Thorough knowledge of Models of Practice in relation to Moving and Handling assessments and interventions.
- Knowledge and application of assessment and interventions relevant to disabled people.
- Hold accredited Manual Handling and Advice Training qualification, and Train the Trainer qualification
- Knowledge of complex equipment and major adaptations
- Have an understanding of relevant Social Care legislation.
- Full driving license and access to a car for business use.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.