Neighbourhood Services Officer
|Job Title:||Neighbourhood Services Officer|
|Location:||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Salary:||£18 - 20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Neighbourhood Services Officer to work with one of our clients based in Vale of Glamorgan. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
08:00 am - 17:00 pm
Pay rates between £18 - £20ph
- To undertake the responsibilities which fall within the role of a Neighbourhood Services Officer in order to protect the health, safety and well-being of the public.
- To ensure that all activities are operated in accordance with Equal Opportunities legislation and Best Practice.
- To act as an authorised officer and enforce the Acts of Parliament, Orders, Rules, regulations and Statutory Instrument made thereunder and as assigned during and outside normal working hours
- To prioritise and investigate complaints and service requests and undertake inspections concerning matters which fall within the remit of Neighbourhood Services, including the investigation of Statutory Nuisance, the regulation and improvement of standards in the private rented sector, HMO Licensing, Environmental Permitting, Caravan Site Licensing, Pest Control Enforcement and related public health complaints. To take informal/formal action to resolve as necessary.
- Undertake planned visits and inspections of premises in accordance with work programmes to ensure that legislation is enforced and to manage a programme of inspections in keeping with the needs of the service.
- To investigate complex breaches of legislation and to prepare evidence and other material for the instigation of legal proceedings, including the service of statutory notices, and to give evidence in court, public enquiries and tribunals as appropriate
- Assist in the writing of strategies, policies and reports in accordance with scheme briefs agreed with Team Manager
- To conduct surveys and inspections of residential and/or commercial premises, prepare reports and take action to remedy breaches of legislation.
- To provide specialist advice to Planning and Licensing Committees in respect of the suitability of development proposals and licensing applications as required.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available