Principal Accountant - Hammersmith & Fulham
|Job Title:||Principal Accountant - Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Location:||Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Salary:||£25 - 30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
Principal Accountant (Taxation) – Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £25PH – PAYE£30PH – UMBRELLA
Full-Time (37 hours)
The purpose of this role is to ensure the Authority’s compliance with all aspects of Indirect Taxation including VAT, Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and property and land taxes.
The Key duties for this role are as follows:
- To ensure the timely and accurate submission of statutory tax returns to HMRC;
- To ensure the authority’s compliance with all aspects of indirect taxation while maximising the efficiency of the Council’s position;
- To monitor relevant transactions in the Council’s ledgers and to detect and swiftly remedy any areas or transactions of concern; to continually improve controls and monitoring in this area;
- To provide general training and advice on all aspects of indirect taxation to the organisation both indirectly through publication and regular maintenance of guidance and directly as required;
- To provide specialist taxation advice for specific schemes and projects as necessary;
- To monitor the Council’s VAT Partial Exemption position, providing periodic updates as required to HMRC and liaising with officers are required to ensure the taxation implications of the Council’s capital programme are highlighted and managed
- To liaise with key stakeholders including the HMRC, the external auditor and external partners who provide financial administration support to the authority
- To represent the Council at the London and National VAT groups.
- To support the Corporate Accountancy team in the closure of accounts.
Civil and Other Emergencies
To support the Council’s role in planning for and responding to civil and council emergencies using skills/expertise of the post holder, and in accordance with council emergency procedures. To provide emergency contact details for the purposes of emergency and service continuity plans. To ensure that you have read your Service’s business continuity plan and keep abreast of any updates, so that you know what to do, if the plan is activated. To participate in any testing of emergency plans, as directed and take an active role in making suggestions to improve team plans.
To use the Council’s office-based and mobile IT services for the input, access and transmission of information using the appropriate level of information security and classification through the use of electronic mail, diaries, word-processing, spreadsheets and databases as well as any specific job-related applications as required to carry out the duties of the post.
To comply with information rights legislation and the Council’s data quality and information management standards by applying information management related policies.
To report instances of non-compliance, errors, omissions or inadequacies in procedures to the business unit manager.
To know and adhere to the Council’s equal opportunities policy and equalities legislation and implement in relation to job responsibilities in employment and service delivery.
Health and Safety
To take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and any other person(s) who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work, in accordance with the Health & Safety legislation.
To co-operate with the Council insofar as is necessary to enable it to comply with its duties under relevant health and safety legislation.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Helpdesk and DLO Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £143.83 - 200.00 per day
Community Centre Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Salary: £20.46 - 20.46 per hour
Principal Accountant & Team Leader - Basingstoke
Salary: £366.49 - 366.49 per day
Principal Development Officer (Buildings) - Bolton
Salary: £15.81 - 15.81 per hour