Principal Development Officer (Buildings) - Bolton
|Job Title:||Principal Development Officer (Buildings) - Bolton|
|Salary:||£15.81 - 15.81 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
Principal Development Officer (Buildings) – Bolton
Salary: £ 15.81ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide senior professional support to the Building Control Section.
- Enforcing the requirements of the Building Regulations and associated legislation including ; planning examinations and site inspections; and the surveying and treatment of dangerous, dilapidated and insecure buildings and structures; and control of demolitions
- Co-ordinate and monitor the inspection of sports grounds and stadia;
- Co-ordinating the street naming and property numbering service with the Principal Development Technician; and Assisting the Team Leader (Buildings) in training/supervising Development Officers (Career Grade) and Assistant Development Officers as appropriate in carrying out the duties listed above.
- To effectively manage, support and review the work of the Development Officers (Career Grade) and any other relevant staff within the Divisional Development Team as determined by the Head of Development Management in accordance with the Council’s ‘team leader competency model’ (including leadership, putting customers at the heart of what we do, implementing our vision, engaging others, communicating powerfully, changing culture, developing and managing people, and continually improving performance).
- To discharge the Council’s liabilities and responsibilities and ensure that related decisions are provided in accordance with all relevant legislation, policy and professional standards and to initiate and maintain full and accurate records in the carrying out of this following:-
(a) To ensure compliance of developments, land and property in the Borough with all current and emerging building regulations and associated legislation as appropriate;
(b) To provide appropriate advice as necessary regarding building regulations and related matters, and associated charges, including professional advice to Council officers, Elected Members and working groups and negotiating with and responding appropriately to stakeholders including applicants, their agents, contractors, developers, builders and the public;
(c) To assess Building Regulation Charges in accordance with the Council’s scale of charges.
(d) The examination of all applications submitted for consideration under the Building Regulations and associated legislation including securing amendments;
(e) To carry out checks, inspections and tests as necessary on site;
(f) Survey of dangerous buildings and structures and taking action, if necessary through the courts, to secure the removal of the danger and making safe;
(g) Control of demolition of buildings and clearance of sites in accordance with conditions for the demolition fixed by the Council, including supervision of building work related to making good of adjoining premises;
(h) Carry out such checks, inspections, tests and monitoring that are necessary to ensure that sports ground/stadia satisfy all relevant legislation; and To support the Principal Development Technician in the naming and property numbering function;
- To appear on behalf of the Council at Magistrates Court on any matter which is the responsibility of the service.
- Prepare and review statements for appeals and attend and give evidence at enquiries and hearings, prepare policy notes, briefs or other appropriate documents or reports, as requested by the Development Manager.
- To positively promote, engage, apply and use appropriate ICT hardware and software in the carrying out of the main duties as appropriate and to identify opportunities, to develop and maximise usage within the service of ICT systems, electronic and mobile working and electronic communications.
- To take responsibility for the day to day management of staff, including disciplinary and grievance procedures, recruitment and retention and selection, training and development, sickness absence and health and safety issues in accordance with Council policies.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Planning - Bolton
Salary: £27.58 - 27.58 per hour
Children & Family Support Worker - Bolton Council
Salary: £14 per hour
Principal Accountant - Hammersmith & Fulham
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £25 - 30 per hour
Principal Accountant & Team Leader - Basingstoke
Salary: £366.49 - 366.49 per day