Professional Officer - Shropshire
|Job Title:||Professional Officer - Shropshire|
|Salary:||£18.63 - 18.63 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
Professional Officer – Shropshire
Salary: £ 18.63ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post will deliver a range of food standards and feed hygiene functions as defined by the Food Standards Agency’s codes of practices in these areas.
- Responsible to Health Protection Team Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Deliver operational action plans and projects across a range of food standards and feed standards premises, in either a lead or support role, in order to raise standards of compliance and deliver improved regulatory outcomes in the service area.
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes.
- Utilise a range of regulatory approaches including: evidence-based research, risk assessment, intelligence-led targeting in order to identify and investigate business activities or environmental practices which present a significant risk to the health, safety, prosperity and wellbeing of the wider community.
- Undertake comprehensive and professional research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions in order to provide businesses with high quality, accurate and timely advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards in operation across the UK and EU
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes.
- Utilise a wide range of regulatory techniques in order to successfully achieve regulatory outcomes and improve compliance levels in the most effective and efficient way.
- Assist in the development of and contribute to cross-cutting agendas including community safety and health and wellbeing in order to protect vulnerable people and the wider community.
- Undertake high level auditing and assessment of complex business processes and operations and make appropriate recommendations for change and improvement in order to improve compliance levels.
- Utilise problem solving, negotiation and mediation to resolve complex issues and complaints reported by residents, businesses, partner agencies and services in order to support the protection of the environment, the health and wellbeing of the community and promote economic prosperity.
- Prepare, present and make recommendations and appear as a witness in complex prosecutions or in other judicial or enforcement processes in order to promote fair and safe business practices and protect the environment, the health, safety and well being of local residents and promote economic prosperity.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Kirklees Council - Resource/Support Officer
Salary: £10 per hour
Senior Planning Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £35 per hour
Programme Support Officer - Worcester
Salary: £12.95 - 12.95 per hour
Financial Returns Officer - Berkshire
Salary: £14.38 - 14.38 per hour