Qualified Social Worker - Permanence Team
|Job Title:||Qualified Social Worker - Permanence Team|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker - Permanence Team to work with one of our clients based in Bury. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rates paying £30ph
The role is based on the Care and Support Service Team 2 which is a Social Worker on a permanence team taking responsibility for meeting statutory duties for a caseload of looked after children. The role involved fulfilling statutory duties including visiting children in their placements, assessments, care planning, direct work with children and young people to help them articulate wishes and feelings, coordinating and attending a range of meetings including LAC Reviews, Care Planning Meetings, Strategy Meetings, PEP’s and any other relevant meetings in line with the child’s specific needs. Personal Advisors (Leaving Care) are co-located and there is a joined up approach on the young person turning 16 in order to plan for independence and share the formulation of the required Pathway Plan which the allocated social worker leads on. There is a focus on achieving permanence for children and young people so there may also be Court work around progressing Special Guardianship for carers or the discharge of S31 Care Orders for those children who are placed at home. The team also work with a number of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking young people who are looked after where triple planning is crucial.
- The team will carry out non agency adoptions that are requested.
- Provide concise, clear and analytical reports for adoption purposes, to include Child Permanence Reports, of which are submitted to the agency decision maker, reports for the purpose of matching panel and court reports.
- Write thorough and robust adoption support plans.
- Produce good quality life story books and later life letters.
- To be able to complete sibling assessments, to inform decisions as to whether children should be placed together or not in a permanent placement?
- Participate in home finding activities for the children with placement orders.
- Write creative and good profiles for children for the purpose of home finding activities
- Be prepared to travel long distances, when needed, to inter agency adoptive placements.
- Plan and co-ordinate the placing of children with their adoptive families.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Luke Mathurin on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available