Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.50 - 14.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, full time hours
PAY RATE: PAYE £11.50 per hour and UMBRELLA from £14.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Residential Support Worker to provide support at their three four bed mainstream homes and two eight-bedded disability homes based in the Huddersfield and Dewsbury areas. The mainstream homes accommodate young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties between the ages of twelve and eighteen. There is one long-term disability home and a short breaks unit; both homes accommodate children between the ages of 17 and 18.
The homes operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week including Public Holidays. Residential Care Officers who workdays work shifts between approximately 7.30 am and 10 pm so you will need to be flexible about hours of work although you will be provided with a rota in advance. Waking night staff work between 9.30 pm and 7.45 am. There are at least two Residential Care Officers on duty at any time including waking nights.
You will work closely with young people daily; it is essential that you are able to build warm and meaningful relationships with young people which enable them to progress in their lives. You will need to be able to communicate with them on their level and adapt your approach for each young person.
The day to day care provided varies greatly and very much depends on individual care plans, however may include providing assistance and support in daily living, for example, personal care, food preparation and cooking meals, shopping, ensuring young people have what they need, ensuring young people are supported and healthy. Overall, it is important that you fully participate in detailed care plans developed to meet the day to day needs of young people.
You will need to maintain accurate records and undertake routine administrative duties which are essential to the smooth running of the home. This will include handling petty cash.
- Enhanced DBS check
- Experience working with children and young people.
- Needs to be flexible
- The ability to build warm, trusting relationships with young people.
- IT and recording skills to maintain accurate records.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare, or willingness and ability to register within 3 months of appointment and achieve within 18 months. *For appointment at Grade 7, Residential Care Officer, candidates must be in possession of the required qualification. In the absence of the required qualification candidates will be appointed at Grade 6, trainee Residential Care Officer.
- You will be working with individuals who may have restricted mobility and/or challenging behaviour. Following an offer of appointment, you will be required to undertake a standard medical screening and any other medical screening as determined by Employee Healthcare appropriate to occupational risk.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0208 5149 147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available